Door will not open

mediabandit

So here's the problem...'98 Lumina LS

My buddy went to get in the car the other day and as i was hitting the power lock to unlock the passenger door for him, he started yanking on the handle ( which i have warned him about before ffs) Well, this time he did it....he fucked something up. I cannot unlock the door using either the remote, the interior master door-lock on the drivers side, the auto door lock on the passenger side, or by using the unlock lever manually on that door. This is the front passenger side door. So i managed to get the inside door skin off enough as to be able to get at the rods in the door. Tried pulling, pushing on both the lock and door handle rods but it did not work.

I really need to get this door unlocked somehow. I did a search on here but never came up with anything that has helped. All other doors locks work fine, it is only this one door, and instead of having people get in the back door and look like i am chauffeuring their asses around, i would really like to get this fixed. Anyone have any clue how to go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance for the info/help.

So moving the rods manually still wont open it?

No, it will not. I pushed and pulled on them and it did nothing, seems like the locking mechanism is stuck halfway between lock/unlock.

people piss me off when they do that. The rod for the outside handle on my oldsmobile got broken like 3 times and i ended up using a special locking clip where it clips onto the handle, (you snap the clip onto the hole in the latch mechanism in the place of the original clip and when you push the rod onto the clip you turn the clip until it locks into place on the rod) I am sure someone can chip in on this one. I bet the rod that goes to the outside handle came disconnected and is holding the latch from unlocking.

Just an idea. I can post pics if necessary :mrgreen:

Ya, i am thinking that it is the rod that let go at the handle as well. It is hard to get at though because i can't take the inside door panel off all the way because it is cliped in up between the corner of the dash and the seat. I will have another look at it tomorrow morning when i get home from work.

But if you do have any pics please post them sounds like that clip idea is the way to go. Thanks.