Where the hell is it?

MommyTaz022200

I need to find the remote entry reciever. I have the plug on the intenna, and i read that it's located under the rear deck. And that means??? In my trunk? Could someone please let me know, and be spacific about it or post a picture too. There is no box in my trunk that i can find...

ill dig up my picture. gimme a few mins. it basically requires tearing the entire rear interior of your car out, because you cant get to one thing without pulling somehting else off.

On my 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, it came with a remote entry box but when I purchased my car they did not give me the remote control.

Anyway, I've removed my remote entry receiver because it was messing up and draining my battery. I've removed it and now the electrical drain is gone but now the driver side door lock switch is not working for the driver side but still works on other 3 doors. The driver side door lock swith still controls all other 3 door locks but the driver side lock itself does not move and I have to manually push up or down the door lock on the driver side which is fine to me.

Ok, my remote entry receiver is located to the right side of the right rear speaker. It is a square black box and bolted down with two screws.

You can't reach it under the trunk.

It's PITA.

You have to be in the back seat when you are going to remove the remote receiver.

You have to remove the trim panel on both sides.

You have to remove the speakers grill.

Now the hard part is removing the carpet panel because it is a thick one and won't bend easily. I did not have time to remove this thick carpet panel and what I did instead is cut a square on the thick carpet panel around the remote receiver unit and was able to see the remote receiver unit box and unscrew it and disconnected the wires.

ok, got it. I got lucky (I think) it wasn't bolted down! I have been hearing alot of rattling and noises especially when I turned corners. Maybe I fixed that problem too.

I'm removing mine because the alarm system I bought has keyless and remote start. I have wiring diagrams from the Mitchell Service CD (what mechanics use) so the wiring isn't real hard.

If anyone needs a keyless reciever make me an offer. I DO NOT know if it works, and have no remote to try it. I also wasn't able to ground it to see if it will lock the locks because my engine is out of the car. All of my locks worked tho, even the dumb thing when they lock in Drive works.

According to my friend, who is the mechanic that gave me the print off of the wires , it will work when you know what the wires hooked up are for and rewire it properly.

He told me the reason it don't work to just pull it is because on the reciever the tan wire is for "unlock Drivers door only". That wire goes from the factory reciever to the drivers unlock Motor. The light blue wire on the module goes to the lock part of the door locks relay. From the relay there is a gray wire that conncts to the Gray wire running OUT of the front door lock unlock Motor. So what i'm saying is the drivers side door is not connected to the door lock relay, and it is skipped without when the keyless reciever is removed.

To fix it the tan wire from the keyless reciever needs to be connected to the Tan wires coming out of the lock relay.

I hope this make sense to you. When I get my scanner to work I will scan the diagram and put up a link to it, since I can't for the life of me get pictures to show up when I post them.

I forgot to metion, the orange/black and pink wires coming from the keyless is spliced a little before the keyless. On the orange/black one of them runs to the Keyless and the other runs to the lock relay. They are the Accesory power wires. On the pink it's spliced twice. Two of them run to the fuse block and the third runs to the keyless. They come from the Power window circut breaker and are powered when the car is on. The ends of those wires for the keyless need to be tapedoff at the end when they are cut, unless you are hooking up an aftermarket alarm or keyless, then the wires can be connected for the power for those.