lights flickerfing

cperna15

Check your connections at the alternator (make sure they're tight). Also look at the AUX terminal on the driver side of the car, and any grounds that are bolted on the header panel near the headlights. Those are a great place to start since they are all in the open.

Just look for corrosion, loose bolts, etc

everythings tight, i think its cause my car has no overdrive and id have the engine at 4k for lont periods of time and it might of burnt the altanator out

sorry to hijack but my contour 2.5l has done that ever since my old alternator seized up and broke. I replaced the alternator and ever since the more you rev the engine the more it flickers

sorry to hijack but my contour 2.5l has done that ever since my old alternator seized up and broke. I replaced the alternator and ever since the more you rev the engine the more it flickers

have it tested. sound like a bad rectifier or something....

well i drove it to 2 different advanced auto stores to test the charging system and battery and they said no problems. We picked up a new regulator but i dont think it will make a difference.

well i drove it to 2 different advanced auto stores to test the charging system and battery and they said no problems. We picked up a new regulator but i dont think it will make a difference.

you should have it tested off the car...

you should have it tested off the car...

x2, my old GTP did that as well and was tested good in the car but bad on the bench.

After 18 months of being told my battery was bad (I think that it was one bad cell), I was driving home one night in the rain and the lights started flickering in and out. They settled a little when the windshield wipers were turned off and the radio as well.

I replaced the battery the next day, I had the car another 2.5 years afterwards and never replaced the alternator. My pick is the battery, won't properly charge and the alternator is being overworked. I know it sounds like the reverse, but in my instance it was this.

well i disconnected the charge wire and no flickering so i guess im going to get a new altornator this weekend at the junkyard since im going there already cause i rear ended another car today so im going to need a hood, fender and bumper. everything will cost me 115 and its already red but i just have to take it off myself.........will the red from one gp match mine or am i going to have to go to macco?

^ x2 on what jtw said.

Even if they don't match, after you go to macco, they still won't match! :lol:

x3 :lol:

I've done a few color matched part swaps. makes it all easier when they do match.

lets just hope they match if not ill get a whole paint job from macco, i have a gift cirtificite for there that my mom bought me for christmas a while back for my 1966 gmc....but then i sold it