Rotten Produce odor....

godofthunder

Ok, to make money, i work in a produce dept at Ukrops (big richmond Grocery chain)... Ok, well, about a week ago, i hauled some Icerberg lettuce in the back. Well, one must have fallen out.

Two days ago, i noticed a pungent odor. First like dried blood, then like old tuna. Well, low an behold, a nice juicy brown head of lettuce was in a corner of my trunk. About knocked me out.

Well, so far, I have used Prestones Carpet cleaner (with the little brush on top). Then, I sprayed it down with Auto Freebreze.

I wondered if anyone else had any tips on more ways to get the smell out or beter ways. Im looking for local products, readily available.

I would like to clean the whole interior, but kinda lost at what to use. I like this prestone stuff, and heard good stuff about it. I also heard a trick today to use watter and a little bit of Comet Bleach powder (i have a black interior....dont think this was safe, but said to do wonders).

Could someone help me out? Before I pass out?

Jon

I just use regular carpet cleaner to clean my carpet. For the smell, your probably gonna have to pull the carpet out, clean the sob like theres no tomorrow, then let it air dry. You can put a few air freshners in your car to help the smell, and febreeze it.

yea my car was about black when i got it (it is gray) the way it was to be

but anyways i poped in the car wash with a few black bags and about 12 towels

here is what i did i took the sprayer and put it on the tire cleaner and spray the pita out of it when got it good and soaked i got the foam brush and scrubed everything (the foam looked like chocolate milk) got done with that and went to the wet dry vac and vacumed it out

but im sure thats not needed i would just get a bottle of fragrence

you can do the above to the carpet in the trunk tho

i say pull the trunk mat out or all of the side trunk mats and douse (sp?) each of them with an entire bottle of laundry detergent or highly concentrated soap, then let it sit outside and soak in the grass untill its dry. there is no way any odor can exist after that kinda treatment. once it has sat so long that the shits dried in, spend forever rinsing all the soap out. or avoid all that and go pick all that up outta a j/y

one thing you may want to do is use a water/vinegar solution to take out the smell and any stains, of course your car will smell like a salad, but don't worry, the vinegar smell goes away in a few hours.

talking to some of my buddies on a detailing forum, i have a more of a plan now.

Tommrow, im going to pull it all out, and then use this heavy duty chemical floor carpet cleaner, that has enzymes that eat away the odors basicly. Then, put some baking soda on it over night.

The next day, im going to use normal carpet cleaner, and clean it up again, dry, vacume, and some frebreeze. Its no wher enear as bad as it was the other day...i just need to spend somre more time finsihing it up

Thanks though yall..Jon