Need wiring help

AL

DSC06330.jpg

DSC06332.jpg

Question 1:

This is for my passenger heated seat project... I am looking on the right side of the top picture where you see the Heated Seat Switch and for some reason, the interior lights are wired into it... I am wondering if I still need to hook up this wire for the switch to work?...

Question 2:

Looking at the same place, the switch... The brown wire that comes down from Hot in Run, can that wire be spliced into the wire from the drivers switch or will that suck up to much juice and blow a fuse or will the power to the heated seat element be cut in half? The second picture shows the size of the wires if that affects anything

Question 3:

Looking at the Heated Seat Control Module on the left hand side of the top picture... The orange wire coming from Hot at All Times... Can that be spliced in with another wire that is hot at all times or does it need to be wired directly to the battery?

All help is greatly appreciated

1. NO. It is for the backlighting of the switch. If you leave it unhooked, then the switch will not light up at night, and that is all.

2. YES. You can splice it in. The only power draw from it is to let the control module know to turn on. Most of the power comes from the module which is on it's own fuse.

3. NO. Too much risk of too high of a draw. I would wire it in on it's own fuse in the fuse block. Just find a black one, and run a battery wire, and install a 15 amp fuse. I would do each seat with it's own fuse just to be safe. Running straight to the battery is a BAD idea. You will probably fry the wire if you do that. If you don't want to wire in a spare fuse, then at least get an INLINE fuse for it.

Could I splice the night light wire into the drivers one then? And thanks very much for the detailed info...

I will follow the wires from the control module and route the new ones with it one there own fuse

That is something I really dont know. Without haveing a car here I could test to see how much draw it has, I have no way of knowing what the load is on that system.

Let me dig out my Oldsmobile Aurora book, and see if it has the dual heated seats on the same circuit, or different ones. That will tell me.

I cheked the Buick Riviera, as well as the Oldsmobile Aurora wiring. Both are the same (1997 year model).

Yes, both wires can be tied into each other and run off of the SAME FUSE,

BUT.....

The Aurora has a 20 amp fuse instead of a 15 amp like the wiring diagram you posted shows.

I don't know what the differences are between the Aurora and the wiring diagram you posted (I guess it is a Grand Prix wiring diagram).

The Aurora wiring diagram also shows that the BROWN wires are spliced into each other, and that they are also on only a 10 amp fuse, so that should be fine like that.

I think that if you ru the 2 orange wires together, then a 15 amp fuse might not be strong enough. I personally would trust the Aurora wiring diagram and stick a 20 amp fuse in there. My logic for this is that the Aurora is the top of the line car. It does not get better than that, and if it has a 20 amp, then that is what you probably will need.