The "quest" begins........

Hippie

Just sold my '62 Impala SS :( , It was like losing an old friend but I had to face reality. I just didn't have the resources to do it right, the guy that bought it does and it will be a "pampered Princess" the rest of it's days. So now it's time to move on. The search for a suitable Lumina Coupe for the Cad motor begins.

glenn, good luck finding a coupe. all the ones here are rotted in the 1/4 panel behind the door.

keep a good list of what needs done to put the 4.9 in, ive been thinkin about that for when mine decides to let go.

Yeah, I could have that '90 down the street right now but it is showing rust in the rocker's and 1/4's. I'm seeing quite a few nice ones around here though now that I'm really looking. That maroon one behind me has a big dent in the driver's door as of a day or so ago. Bet they are PO'd, that was an absolute cherry until that happened. I'd still take it though. There is also a black one in the next town that is really clean but I do NOT want another black car EVER. I have time to look though, like I said before, the right car is out there somewhere with my name on it.

I'll be making a detailed list of mods and lots of digital photos. I'm also thinking of taking the cradle in to work when the mods are done and having my boys put it on the CMM some Saturday and get some accurate dimensions to the modified mounting points. I went through the training class but have never had a chance to work with it since and if you don't use it everyday you lose everything you learned.

dents are fine, rust sucks. you can always replace a door or fender and shoot paint on a car.

if you were closer, you could have all the z34 panels off a car in the j/y here, thing was mint till the rubber fuel hose frm the fender over to the rail popped and it caught fire. i know someone in indiana from gmf sent me an email asking if i wanted a 5 speed z34 w/ a bad engine for 500 bux, if you want his info send me a pm either here or over @ CT