HELP!!! Car wont charge

toastemcutlass

so i have the 94 cutty and have replaced the alternator a couple times, well today the same thing happend where you get no charge and so i went to autozone and tested it and it wasnt putting out any thing. so i replaced it and the battery and it does the same thing first it charges for about 30 seconds then it stops. if any one could help, im confused as hell.

If there's an electrical short, you'll nuking the Voltage Regulator in the alternator.

However that's extremely rare. How are all the connections?

Does it overcharge before it hand granades itself?

- Erik

Well, check the wirings on the alternator itself.

There is a plug/socket connector wire and a thick red wire which is held down by a nut. I think that red wire is called the F wire and that prevents the battery from back-feeding itself and kill the battery.

If that F wire is loose or not connected or touching with another wire, then No Charge indication would be set.

When they tested the alternator.

Did you remove the alternator out of your car engine and put it in their machine to test it? OR They just tested the alternator while the alternator is still on the car?

i took the alternator out to get tested, thats why i didnt think it was on of the connections. and when its charging, it charges at a normal level, not high or low, damn this sucks:?