Fibreglass and Steel reproduction pieces!

Artemis

What's the deal with a $100 upcharge for a "bolt on" hood relative to a "pin on" hood?

EDIT: I guess I found my answer, but I'm still not exactly sure what this Pin on business is...

quoted from their site...

Bolt-on hoods have an original style liner installed with hinge bolt and front latch provisions as original. (note-some manufacturer's hoods don't have front latch or even a full liner).Check when ordering whatever you need.

Pin-on hoods are foam reinforced for strength. These lift off, and attach with dzuz or hood pin fasteners.

What's the deal with a $100 upcharge for a "bolt on" hood relative to a "pin on" hood?

EDIT: I guess I found my answer, but I'm still not exactly sure what this Pin on business is...

quoted from their site...

Bolt-on hoods have an original style liner installed with hinge bolt and front latch provisions as original. (note-some manufacturer's hoods don't have front latch or even a full liner).Check when ordering whatever you need.

Pin-on hoods are foam reinforced for strength. These lift off, and attach with dzuz or hood pin fasteners.

Basicly what the pin hoods are, are like the fiberglass hoods on older muscle cars which have the pins in the front instead of the hood latch, these ones you are talking about have 4 pins which hold the hood down, so there are no hinges, you pull all four pins and then just lift the hood right off.