Leak on top of windshield, by rearview mirror

kevinz

OH NOES, my windshield leaks right above where the rearview mirror sits :willynilly: Car is a 1993 Lumina Z34. I can see a little bit of paint bubbling right where the black rubber trim sits. When it rains real hard, it leaks right in the middle. The only spot of the headliner that gets wet is right inbetween the sunvisors, and the wet portion is only a couple inches long and 1/4 inch wide. It leaks on my center console and gets that all wet :cry: Anyway, anyone else ever have this happen to them? Could it be possible to peel back the black trim around the windshield a tad and squeeze some silicone RTV in there to hopefully stop it?

that used to happen all the time on my delta 88. my dad would just use clear silicone caulk from the hardware store and it worked just fine.

x2

I just did this last weekend along the top of my windshield. The paint had been bubbling around the right side for two years, and sprug a leak with all the rain we had recently. Other than cooking myself when ever I drove the car in an effort to dry the soggy carpet, it hasn't given me any problems since.

Unfortunatly to repair it properly, the windshield has to be pulled and some fresh metal be patched in. That sure wont happen for a while. I'll paint the rest of the car before I worry about the friggin roof.

Peel back/ remove headliner and you should be able to see daylight inbetween the roof edge and glass. Just gob some, preferably urethane, or silicone/ RTV if you have to, into whatever gap you may see. *Should* seal it up.