98 Monte RKE question

Drummer

The second time your press the lock button is the horn suposed to toot like once or the lights flash once, because mine doesn't do that, not sure if it's suposed to or not but i got curious. Thanks.

I am trying to install one in my car, I know that on a chevy blazer, and anything Chevy OEM It should.

It Should honk after the second button has been pressed. The first button press would be to lock the door you just got out of or "unlocked" and then locking the car again or pressing the button for a second time would automatically lock all 4 doors all around. The honk would basically mean the car is secured.

Lights would flash once with honk.

What I probably would do is one of two things.

1. I would find the RKE brain and see if the wiring and especially the wiring for the headlights are even wired to the crkt.

2. I would (just for S and G 's ) I would re-sync or reprogram your fobs to the rke to see if it would help reset the rke brain and put it to normal configuration

2.5. If you reset the rke and reprograms the fobs and didn't show any lights with the horn. I would un hook the battery from the car, and let it sit without power. It is more than likely you will have to reprogram the fob's to the car, but I say this in the event there is residual power to the rke and it is still "remembering" the old setting to the RKE brain

On another note, I highly doubt the RKE is junk. I mean if all i suggested doesn't work, who cares if your headlight dont light up, hell at least the car will honk and you can at least distinguish between if the car is locked or unlocked by hitting the button.

I wish I had keyless entry :lol: :willynilly:

No. It won't honk. Not now or ever, unless you wire in something extra, i.e. another keyless setup, or equivalent. There's nothing in the owners manual about it, nor is there any wiring tied to the horn from the RKE module. At least on the monte's and luminas.

No. It won't honk. Not now or ever, unless you wire in something extra, i.e. another keyless setup, or equivalent. There's nothing in the owners manual about it, nor is there any wiring tied to the horn from the RKE module. At least on the monte's and luminas.

Thats kinda what i was thinking but i figured i'd ask anyways. thanks for the info. :high5: