Shiny Chrome

mediabandit

So summer is approaching and i will be bringing my Z34 back out on April 18th. So my question is what is the best product to use on my chrome rims to really make them sparkle? i have been using the Mother's compoud, i think it does a good job, but is a bit of a pain in the ass to use. I think there may be something better and/or easier to use out there. Do you guys know of any sprays or anything like that which would be better?

I have posted a few pics of what the rims look like for those who don't know.

100_6844.jpg

100_0331.jpg

100_0550.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cool,thanks. That's the stuff i was actually looking at and was wondering if it was any good. I will go pick up a bottle and give it a try. The mothers stuff i use is sort of a pain cuz it is a paste, so you have to clean the rim, then rub it on and buff it off.

If your rims are chrome or aluminum with no clearcoat, then using a product like Mothers metal rim polish paste is nessesary. But if it's got clearcoat I'd try a regular car wax (after they are cleaned properly).

Those rims look like a real bitch to maintain!

So i am definetly going to go with the Eagle spray and give it a try. You guys all recommended the same product, so i think it is worth a go. Thanks guys.

If your rims are chrome or aluminum with no clearcoat, then using a product like Mothers metal rim polish paste is nessesary. But if it's got clearcoat I'd try a regular car wax (after they are cleaned properly).

\

They are chrome, no clearcoat, the paste works great but alot of work, and as you pointed out, the rims ARE alot of work to maintain. That is the reason i was hoping for some sort of spray that may be a little quicker.

i dunno i like the armor all wheel cleaner for mine i get a nice liquidy look to them after they dry and if i want added shine i use turtle wax chrome cleaner its a paste but im guessing mine are easier to clean then those

very nice rims!

myride017.jpg

I have absolutely no advice, I just want to say that those rims are SWEET looking on your car.

Thanks, always love getting compliments on the looks of them.

i dunno i like the armor all wheel cleaner for mine i get a nice liquidy look to them after they dry and if i want added shine i use turtle wax chrome cleaner its a paste but im guessing mine are easier to clean then those

very nice rims!

Thanks, they are a lot of work to do, that is why i was looking for the in between major detail... spray shine, the paste takes so long and i would only like to do that when i do the major details. Definitely going to give the Eagle spray a try, i picked up a bottle of it today in preparation for the cars emergence from storage.

• 5 months later...

I'm looking for the best way to maintain my factory chrome exhaust tips on MY Z34. Would regular car wax be the best bet? They've been neglected a while, but I'm pretty darn sure they have a clearcoat that I don't want to mess up.

I'll have to use that. It looks like they have some undercoating misted on them. I tried Big Orange, but I need something stronger to dissolve the dried rubber.

I'd go with the EagleOne product, they also make a protectant for your wheels that is also a spray on product. Suppose to repel dirt and road grime for up to two weeks http://www.tryeagleone.com/ is the website if you wish to check it out.

I ordered that stuff a day or two ago and it was on my doorstep today. Quick delivery! I'll test it out tomorrow, for sure.