Spring is here, love is in the air.............

Venom

.........so I decided to start showing my Cutty some! Went to the new (to me) Pull a Part on the east side of Cleveland. Really nice yard with even more Cutlass and Grand Prixs then the one on the west side of town. Spent about four hours there and picked up a few things. I was also going to grab a set of xlaces I found on a 93 Grand Prix but the car was still sitting on the ground. So I spent half an hour breaking all the lug nuts loose (there was security lugs on three of the rims) and when I went up front to ask one of the guys about raising the car up to remove them, he basically said he couldnt do it for me and I would have to wait until they decide to move it and put it up on stands themselves :evil:. Anyways, onto the goodies.

New lip spoiler trunk that is in nicer condition then the hack job I did on my current one:

IMG_0508.jpg

Also picked up a new set of charcoal power window/lock switch covers:

IMG_0507.jpg

And finally a set of tubular lateral arms off of a 98 GP:

IMG_0509.jpg

Also pictured are the bigger sway bars I bought off Bob (1LoudCutty) a few weeks ago. I do realize one of the arms is bent, but I looked under about 10 second gens and all of them had at least one bent arm, and this one was the best condition set that was there. I should be able to bend it back. I also came to the conclusion that I will have to replace the bushings because these ones are dried and cracked. So I will take measurements and hopefully ES will have something close enough to work.

So now I am pretty much done gathering parts for my rear suspension because I put my rear coil overs together last week after I go my new KYBs from RockAuto:

IMG_0510.jpg

And as a bonus, here are some quick pics of the other rides in the garage right now; a 78 Trans AM 400ci auto, and a 77 Camaro 305ci auto.

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

What color were the black switch panels before? Aren't they all black?

I was referring to the panels themselves because Im changing over from blue to charcoal interior.

Nice F-bods

The camaro is nice, 32k original miles, but the Trans Am is rusted out and jimmy rigged wiring. But I did get it fired up the other day and it is LOUD!!! Of course it had no exhaust and a big block LOL.

I believe 79 was the last year for the 400 then you could get the turbo 301 or whatever. The T/A in the first Smokey and the Bandit was a 77.

I believe 79 was the last year for the 400 then you could get the turbo 301 or whatever. The T/A in the first Smokey and the Bandit was a 77.

Actually here's some trivia for ya- the Smokey Trans am was a 1976 50th anniversary trans am with the 77 Front nose to help advertise the new up and coming bandit trans am. :wink:

I've been looking for a solid and cheap 74-81 trans am for cheap, but I'm spending money on my monte carlo first before i go and actually start looking for one. I <3 those cars!

Hey! I have coilovers just like those :lol: Hey, and get me those measurements I need! (I will make it worth your while :cough:free custom mounts:cough: when I get them done :wink:

Hey, since your switchin the trim panels for the switches, you can put on those nice buttons I gave ya. I still need to get my good ones installed

If you cant get that link bent exactly straight, dont use it... you wont be able to align it right easily and it will tweak like crazy. Wait a few and next time I am at the yard, I will get a straight one for ya.

That lip spoiler trunk lid was off the CS I snagged the lip tails, spoiler, door handle, power trunk release solenoid and latch, and trunk release button off of :lol:

Actually here's some trivia for ya- the Smokey Trans am was a 1976 50th anniversary trans am with the 77 Front nose to help advertise the new up and coming bandit trans am. :wink:

Several of the cars were like that...But most were 1977s. If you look closely in some scenes, some of the cars still had honeycomb wheels.

Hey! I have coilovers just like those :lol: Hey, and get me those measurements I need! (I will make it worth your while :cough:free custom mounts:cough: when I get them done :wink:

Hey, since your switchin the trim panels for the switches, you can put on those nice buttons I gave ya. I still need to get my good ones installed

If you cant get that link bent exactly straight, dont use it... you wont be able to align it right easily and it will tweak like crazy. Wait a few and next time I am at the yard, I will get a straight one for ya.

That lip spoiler trunk lid was off the CS I snagged the lip tails, spoiler, door handle, power trunk release solenoid and latch, and trunk release button off of :lol:

I got the two that were bent back into shape by heating them and hammering. Im gonna spray some paint on them tonight and then when I get my new bushings Ill send up some pics.

And Ill get those measurements for ya, you just need to send me what you need measured again since I probably deleted that text like I told you.

I'll see if I can find that pic for you...But I may not have had it. I don't remember that particular CS, but I saved so many pics, who knows..lol

Car is coming along though.

I'll see if I can find that pic for you...But I may not have had it. I don't remember that particular CS, but I saved so many pics, who knows..lol

Car is coming along though.

Thanks man, I know Ive seen at least one pic on here of one like it, and I know you are the one with thousands of them LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone ever put a 97-03 GP dash into a Cutlass??

Not that I know of, I thought I remembered someone trying to and it would need a lot of fabricating to make it work.

ooouch! I'd like to put one in my Cutlass along with a series II supercharged swap, I'm driving a 99 GP GT now and there are a lot of things about it that I'd like in my Cutlass