dying but restarts

Keithgtp

Hello again I got a 1991 GTP (3.4)that runs but dies sometimes at idle but starts back up and runs. Doesnt do it all the time. It sat for 3 months til i got the powermaster 3 abs rebuilt. it runs keeps between 45-47 psi in fuel pressure and keeps it. any help on this would helpful

Thanks

Keith

sorry to go off the track, but your GTP didnt get the PM III from the factory. only the TGP's did.

as for the problem, i'd clean the IAC and MAP sensors and go from there. use this ONLY.

intake_crc_cleaner_lg.jpg

sorry to go off the track, but your GTP didnt get the PM III from the factory. only the TGP's did.

Not true, they could get the PMIII from 1989-1991 in full production on regular Grand Prixs as well, CS's could get them also. There was also a small "test" run of production 1988 GPs that had the PMIII.

Back on topic, it does sound like your IAC may be gummed up, clean it well, and be sure to pull your ECM fuse for a while, then do an Idle Relearn after you're finished.

Thank you and this did have the power master 3 sent to SIA and had it rebuilt and they did a great job. I replaced the iac last fall but car has been down since late oct (g/f car she dont tell me anything til it dies :evil: ) didnt no u had to relearn the idle how do u do that. I like these cars but wish ours had 3.1 lol Just put a alt in my 95 last weekend. Anyways how do u relearn the idle?

Thanks

i also forgot to add the the boot between the air cleaner and the intake (not sure what its called) has a rip at the intake. went to dealer and they cant get it could that be causing it ?

i also forgot to add the the boot between the air cleaner and the intake (not sure what its called) has a rip at the intake. went to dealer and they cant get it could that be causing it ?

not likely. i'd still fix it anyway though. grab one from a j/y.