i'm trying to get my Addco bar back in....(help!)

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

i've asked this before awhile back, but i'm gonna try again cuz i'm going to try to get my Addco bar back in the car this week or next.

the Addco bar is GREAT, but my CS came with NO factory sway bar and i had to use the CRAPPY Addco hardware. the hardware hung the bar up so high that it hit the two big bolts in the center of the lateral trailing arms.....and broke a bracket on the passenger side. so i had to take the bar back out :( i then bought some inner sway bar hardware from a '95 Brickyard Monte at a salvage yard and want to use this hardware so i can get that bar back in....and hopefully the bar will hang a little lower (even an inch would be fine). problem is, is that i have to either weld the brackets to the frame or drill holes and bolt the hardware to the frame and then cut the hangers like you would if you used the Addco hardware that was for a W-body that came WITH a factory sway bar (hope that doesn't sound too confusing).

any suggestions? weld them or drill & bolt? i guess i could re-use the hardware i had before and somehow use spacers to hang the bar lower, but i need a bracket (the one that broke). i miss the Addco bar - that thing makes a helluva difference. not that i will be driving my CS anytime soon, but it will give me something to do on my days off (i'm also swapping the front strut/knuckles and doing the bigger front brakes while i'm at it). well at least i have rear coilovers so getting the bar in won't be too much of a PITA. TIA!

fwiw, i'm also using the outer brackets and rubber bushings from that same Brickyard Monte and the bushings were taller which gave me more clearance....i think.....they spaced the bar further away from the strut anyway...

joshua