Programming Remote for 1994 Buick Regal

cubsfan24

Hey I have another issue with the 94 Regal GS. I ended up buying a remote for it off of ebay and am having troubles programming it. I put the car into program mode by grounding the wire (the locks unlock/lock). I looked online and some people say to press and hold the lock and unlock buttons until it makes the doors unlock/lock. I have tried this probably around 50 times and I did get it to unlock/lock once when pressing buttons but when I unhooked the ground wire the remote still didn't work. I did check the batteries inside the remote and they were 3.17&3.16 volts. I tried fresh batteries and it still didn't work. BTW the remote model # is ABO0104T. Is this even compatible with the car? The ebay auction said he tests all remotes before shipping and says it will work with 1994 buick regals. Any ideas?

Edit: When I put it into program mode (locks lock/unlock/trunk pops) and I press any button on the remote the locks lock/unlock/trunk pops. I disconnect the wire and the remote still doesn't work. I have tried holding the buttons in and pressing all of the buttons individually then disconnecting the ground wire.

The numbers on the back are:

P/N: 10205239

DOC/MDC: 218 K1035

MODEL/FCC ID: ABO 0104T

It is weird some times when I ground the wire it does nothing. A half hour later I go back to the car and it will do its thing when I ground the wire. Then the remote does Nothing. As I said in the edit in the first post, at one point I was able to ground the wire and press a key on the remote and it unlocked/locked/popped trunk and when I ungrounded the wire it didn't work. I did this 5 or so times and when back inside. When I went back outside awhile later the remote seems like it is doing nothing. I am wondering if the remote is broken or if there is something wrong with the receiver in the car. The ebay auction claims the remote was tested 3 times before shipping. BTW the remote has BUICK on the remote.

The receiver inside the car? I emailed the ebay seller and he is sending out another remote. He said sometimes the remotes don't like to save the programming. I have a feeling it is the receiver in the car though. I won't be able to test it cause the car is going back with my brother to school for the next couple months.

My money is on the receiver. Not sure where the regal mounts it. Most of the GEN 1 cars get it under the rear speaker deck, but I saw in my 1996 service manual where it was under the passenger side rear side panel.

My 1990 Grand Prix STE was like that when I got it. I put in a different receiver, reprogrammed the remote, and it was fine after that.

Got the new remote and it still doesn't work. Might go to a junkyard in a couple weeks to see if I can get some parts for my lumina and look for a receiver. Am I right to assume I can get one out of any early 90's buick, GP, ect? Basically any car with that same remote? Also, how do you get to the receiver. I would assume you would have to take the rear carpet out and get to it from above inside the car.