KBB retail values, debating on keeping my new lumina. Need some opinions

rockfangd

This makes me laugh

My 1994 oldsmobile retails at 3,235 excellent suggested retail which i think is great,

but my 2000 chevy lumina only retails at 2,615 excellent suggested retail

Wow The reason why i checked it is because i am seriously thinking about keeping the lumina once i do the engine repairs. When i drove it home it was extremely quiet, no clunking or shaking. It rode very nicely. The suspension was firm and felt great. The whole underside looks like new and i am sure that when i am done with the whole car will be like brand new..

I have already planned on gutting the interior for a thorough cleaning and undercoating the underside.

I think the only thing i hate about the luminas is the horn buttons suck,it feels like you are going to put your hand through the airbag after you already had the accident while trying to get the horn to blow lol(basically if you had to blow the horn in an emergency your fucked lol)

Does anyone know how the fuel economy is on these?

if it is the 3100 (18 city) (27 highway) if its the 3400 (17 city) (29 highway) and if its the 3800 (17 city) (27 highway) and kbb lists my car at $5700 lol

it is the 3100, (only option available for the lumina) Damn thats not very good, my 94 gets at least the same if not a little more. You would think that with all of the emissions stuff that the economy would be better

I also have lots of questions pertaining to available options,

leather

HUD somehow

can you change the bulbs for the delco loc cd player?

can you get fold down rear seats.

Give me some ideas on this :mrgreen:

Some of the Monte's had fold down rear seats IIRC. No HUD, you can change the bulbs in the CD player (there is a write up on MyMonte). Leather you can get in buckets or bench, but bench seats are a bit harder to find. I have 4 Luminas, all with the 3100 and they all get at least 22-25 in the city and 27-33 on the highway. Once I got 38 mpg (yes 38!) going from Harrisburg to Baltimore... but I don't drive them hard.