STE DIC Re-Set

Redfox340

E-Mail: I was told that there is a button or somthing that i could push to make the electronic components in my car reset. Because every time I start my car the computer reminds me to change my oil, rotate my tires, and get a tune up. I have already done that and it is still reminding me of that. I told my Auto Mechanics instuctor about this and he is the one that told me about the button i could push to reset everything. I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix STE if that helps. Thanks for your advice. - Tim

Got this e-mail just last night, and I don't know the electronic real well on the GP.

Anyone know how this can be achieved? Thanks!

- Erik

Guest Anonymous

Press the service button until the desired service comes up. Example: Rotate tires xxx miles will scroll accross. Then just xxx miles will come up. When it does push and hold the reset button until the desired mileage is set.

at school the other day i heard a 2000 gp has a ecm reset button

and that you vou could read the codes by turing the key on then off then back on real fast and it will go in to self scan mode or some thing

it is to early to remember it all

oh and i have access to alldata and just about everything if you need to know anything let me know the usual make model ect. and i will see what i can do for you