Vaccum source for Heat/AC controls and cruise?

Riktar

My 89' Regal has no functional cruise control in spite of the light coming on in the dash when the "set" button is pushed. I also have no function on the venting controls which I am assuming is from a bad vaccum source. I am having a dickens of a time finding the offending hose.

Has anyone else run into this that can point me to a "common" feed for those 2 items?

As with most things I will probably kick myself once I find the problem since it will probably be right in front of my eyes. :?

It's been discussed many times. The cruise control and part of your vent is controled by a vacuum hose.

Check underneath the steering column. Look at your brake pedal, there is a cruise control switch in there and connected to vacuum hose and make sure that it is connected properly.

Open your hood and follow the vacuum line from the firewall to the cruise control servo (it is like a black plastic with round metal on it). Follow the vacuum lines to make sure none have been disconnected and there is another vaccum line that goes underneath the battery which is connected to a round black sphere.