build sheets

stoneymonk

They do exist,on my 81 trans am it was located under the rear seat,Hopefully they still hid them in the 90,series cars.Also need to get a power window motor or regulator,what other cars are interchangeable with the 95 lumina.

They aren't supposed to exist...

They are supposed to be thrown in the trash at the plant. But workers get lazy and shove them in some random spots.

Jamie

i think if you un clip the spring on one side they would slide out mine are to mangled to do that due to seat covers being put on and oof of my car

That's not a build sheet. That is just a rpo code and something for the seats.

The build sheets get tossed. I have one for my car along with the window sticker if you want to see it. I also have one for a random '93 Z34. I think maybe some the dealer received with delivery and maybe they made them into the hands of the owners.

So like I said before they really don't exist.

In the new cars, they are usually in the trunk inside the package with the floor mats or inside the car on the floors. Sometimes they are in the glove box or in the pockets of the doors. But on the older cars like our Cutlasses and stuff, I have no idea. On my Chevelle and Laguna, they are above the gas tank, or under the back seat, or under the rear carpet.

Most of the time, everyone just throws them out if they find one.

Oh I see now. I collect and research 60s Impalas Chevelles and Camaros and collect build sheets from those cars, so I have an interest in where they are found in newer cars. You are right though, sometimes the build sheet used at QC inspection at the end would just be tossed in the back seat and stuck in with the owners manual when the dealer prepped the car for delivery. It has been happening like that since the 60s, as well as finding sheets in the springs and other places, for example all 88-91 E and K bodies have the broadcast sheet stuffed inside the rear of the trunklid.