Going back to stock catback.

9lumina6

I think I've made up my mind about going back to stock catback. Now that the GTP is my daily driver....and i drive 60 miles a day to and from work.... this loud catback is just way too annoying for me. (i can barely hear my blower unless im at WOT).

I've made some posts on the GP forums, both national and the Florida one....i got someone about an hour south of here who's taking his stock catback off sometme soon....so i'm hoping to buy it off him. I'm just gunna run it and deliete the resonator to make the stock mufflers a little more raspy.....but itl be a HELL of alot quieter then whats on it now..... at least i'll be able to hear the blower again at part throttle, and my heads up display won't look like yer drunk trying to look at numbers.

why do you want rasp at all?

BTW i thought my GT sounded good with a DP and Vibrant res. very little rasp, but a little deeper tone than stock.

I absolutely love the sound of the stock raspy mufflers..... the mufflers on there now have no rasp at all... and are just way too obnoxiously loud ( 2 things i hate)

Only at 2000-2500 rpm!! It's smooth as glass at all other RPMs though! :lol:

If you say so.... I've only heard it leaving Timmies... sounds like fire works going off

Jamie

I <3 my stock tone... Everyone says it sounds like crap but I couldn't disagree more! I love it!

x2.....stock 3800 series 2 & 3 exhaust is the best sounding stock exhaust in any GM V-6 ever made imo.

Just wait, the tone of the soon-to-be-mine Jaguar V12 will own all of yours...once the engine doesn't sound like its crunching bones from dropping valve seats.

Why not just try some different mufflers or another res? I know that rasp is for the lose.

rasp FTW....this exhaust isnt raspy.......thats y i hate it. I's keep the piping and just get different mufflers.... but i can still get alot of $$ for this catback.. its only 2 months old. I wanna sell it and get a N* TB, and and an Overkill or ZZP tune.