Custom/Getto Rigged Air Intake?

Maverick

i did mine out of 3 inch SS at an exhaust shop - actually works quite well. Its not a cold air intake, but moreso just an air intake with a less restrictive path and high flow cone filter. Sounds mean too... pics are here.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6119&highlight=

now, i have lost just a little bit of low end power, but top end has become unbelieveable. I can beat 3100's hands down now, just cuz of the more air getting into the engine.

- Justin

I would recommend atleast an 8" dia. PVC or ABS pipe - this will make a nice mess when underhood temperatures rise in addition to adding crazy noz like power... phat yo, you be rollin' at dub speedz

:werd:

i did mine out of 3 inch SS at an exhaust shop - actually works quite well. Its not a cold air intake, but moreso just an air intake with a less restrictive path and high flow cone filter. Sounds mean too... pics are here.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6119&highlight=

now, i have lost just a little bit of low end power, but top end has become unbelieveable. I can beat 3100's hands down now, just cuz of the more air getting into the engine.

- Justin

Any tips for installation? Or does the W-body tips/tech page have instructions? PS I dont have the link to that site off by hand

Any tips for installation?

Or does the W-body tips/tech page have instructions?

Measure twice; cut once. Drill holes for appropiate sensor(s).

Grab proper rubber / poly grommets; install air filter + sensors.

Piece of cake! Best of luck!

- Erik

Any tips for installation?

Or does the W-body tips/tech page have instructions?

Measure twice; cut once. Drill holes for appropiate sensor(s).

Grab proper rubber / poly grommets; install air filter + sensors.

Piece of cake! Best of luck!

- Erik

Thats our quote at work...I do Fabrication for windows!! :wink:

w-body.jpg

Power-Glide Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend atleast an 8" dia. PVC

PLEASE Before anybody Uses PVC under their hood read here thanks in advance http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/media/factsheets/poisonplastictext.htmAlthough PVC is flame resistant, PVC products release toxic hydrogen chloride gas when heated. These corrosive gases can spread faster than flames, trapping building occupants before they have a chance to escape. Hydrogen chloride gas is lethal when inhaled.

Power-Glide Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend atleast an 8" dia. PVC

PLEASE Before anybody Uses PVC under their hood read here thanks in advance http://www.greenpeaceusa.org/media/factsheets/poisonplastictext.htmAlthough PVC is flame resistant, PVC products release toxic hydrogen chloride gas when heated. These corrosive gases can spread faster than flames, trapping building occupants before they have a chance to escape. Hydrogen chloride gas is lethal when inhaled.

Well, see thats part of the plan, so when you pop the hood open for the ricers, THEY'RE the first ones in front of it while you wait in your car with a gas mask until you hear bodies hitting the floor... :twisted:

Alright, it took about 4hours of going back and forth to Home Depot and trouble shooing, but I now have a massively nigger rigged air intake system. Its got some silcone to ensure no air leaks, and screws holding the K&N filter to the plumbing pipe action. It looks rather terrible, but Ill get pictures up soon enough for you fockers to judge.

Maverick