Need some car advice

AL

I am debating selling the 5 speed...

I was givin the opportunity to buy a parts car for my 03 GPGT... The parts car is the same year and same options except it has a DIC... The car was in a roll over but the motor and trans are still good.

My debate... Sell the 5 speed and get the parts car or keep the 5 speed and use the funds for it on parts for my 03...

What I am debating...

The 5 speed is a nice car... Body in good shape, no rust, I have parts galore for it... including a good motor and 90% complete interior... Full B4U also.

It leaks every fluid possible... I dont have the place to swap in the good motor I have for it. It needs a clutch...

My 03 has been very loyal to me... In fact I am having a hard time finding anything wrong with it...

It doesnt need the DIC or a passenger heated seat

I am a freshman college student in the automotive field and work full time on the side...

If I was to sell the 5 speed... I would sell all the extra parts with it... I am not gonna keep parts for a car I dont own... I have $1500 in it right now... Thats all I would ask for it with a truck load of parts including a good motor and auto trans.

I would like some input... And please back up your statements... Thanks in advance everyone

fix the 5 spd up as a toy, keep the 03 as a DD.

I can't see you making THAT much money off of parting the 5 spd car. Maybe $800-$1000 at the very most. But its not a very highly optioned car at that, so you'd be selling the 284 swap and thats about it.

and x2 on why do you need a parts car for the 03?

I want the DIC, and the leather front seats, and the carpet and the floor mats... He wants 150 for the seats and DIC, I didnt ask about the carpet and floor mats... I figured having the parts car would be good for experimenting on painting interior pieces or exterior parts... Could also sell what I dont need... I could rebuild the engine and transmission in school next year...

Well thats what I will lean towards then... I will just buy the parts I need from this guy... I might still pick up the whole car and sell what I dont need... I am gonna get the seats from him and I am working on getting those seats from 94GPGT... I am gonna make passenger heated seats.