went to the junkyard...UPDATE!!!

89SupremeCutty

and got some junk!! :lol:

i walked around for about an hour and a half today and saw some cool stuff and din't have enough money or time to get what i wanted to get.

this wasn't on the list but i have wanted one:

mirror.jpg

this one was on the list and found a monte that had it:

RKEmodule.jpg

i know it will be hard to wire in, but i want to try to get it to work. maybe some sort of summer project.

and this i thought would be cool to try to wire in if it's possible. if not im out $5:

overheadconsole.jpg

it's part of an overhead console that came from a 96+(i think it was a 96+)jeep cherokee laredo. it looks like it will fit right between the visors pretty well if i can get a way to mount it up and a way to get it to work.

i also got a solenoid and trunk release switch from the same monte with the rke box.

there were a bunch of 2nd gen 4 door gp's there with the 3100 and only a couple with the 3800. one of the gp's with the 3100 had a front bench with column shift. weird cause most of the 4 door ones i see are floor shift. i also saw a 95 4 door cutlass supreme with hud.

i was also looking for some rear seats from a monte, preferbly leather but there weren't any leather montes or any leather lumina ltz's. the 3 ltz's that were there all had cloth seats.

i think next time i go im going to get a floor shift console and get bucket front seats.

If not than wire as follows

1-not used

2 - Microphone (if the mirror is equipped with it)

3 - "Passenger Air Bag on" notification (if mirror is equipped with that display)

4. - "Passenger Air Bag off" notification (if mirror is equipped with that display)

5 - auto day/night signal, which comes from the LH outside rearview mirror

6 - Temp probe connection ( if mirror is equipped with display)

7 - Temp probe connection (if mirror is equipped with display)

8 - Ground

9 - Reverse Dim Inhibit signal so the mirror will not dim when the vehicle is in reverse, another says it's a supply voltage from a back-up supply (if 12v is applied to this pin, the mirror will not dim )

10 - Microphone (if mirror is equipped)

11- keypad signal (out) for On-star (pressing any button puts out a 5v multiplexed signal on this pin, -

12 - keypad supply (5v) voltage (in) for the buttons

13 - ignition voltage (12v -main power IN to the mirror)

14 - keypad green LED signal

15 - keypad red LED signal

16 - auto day/night signal return line to the RH outside mirror for day/night signal

you seen a 95 cutlass with hud?? a 95 would have had the newer dash, i have never seen one with a hud

They couldnt have it... Doesnt exist except according to Crazy K, some preproduction prototype with it for 95 and was supposed to be an option but it never happened..

I have HUD in my 96 CS and Venom has it in his 95 CS, but we installed 94-96 Grand Prix dashes :lol:

what year monte did you pull the rke out of. I have an rke in mine but i cant find a remote that will make it work. It is wired in just fine but if i can't get a remote for it, i will have to pull the brain out if i cant get one. Hell i wish i could pull one out of a saturn or equivalent to get some keyless entry

you seen a 95 cutlass with hud?? a 95 would have had the newer dash, i have never seen one with a hud

They couldnt have it... Doesnt exist except according to Crazy K, some preproduction prototype with it for 95 and was supposed to be an option but it never happened..

I have HUD in my 96 CS and Venom has it in his 95 CS, but we installed 94-96 Grand Prix dashes :lol:

nys registration said it was a 95. i didn't check the build date on the door, so it might have been built in 94 as a 95 model year.

when i go there again next weekend, i will take pics of it, if it's still there.

thats what i thought cuz if he was right on the year im goin on a road trip asap

if it's there next weekend i'll let you know.

what year monte did you pull the rke out of. I have an rke in mine but i cant find a remote that will make it work. It is wired in just fine but if i can't get a remote for it, i will have to pull the brain out if i cant get one. Hell i wish i could pull one out of a saturn or equivalent to get some keyless entry

i pulled it out of a 97 monte.

and jrcuttymann, thank you for the wiring info. an no the mirror has no map lights.

anyone have a wiring diagram for an overhead console from a ~96 jeep cherokee laredo?

you guys are right, although i knew you guys were right i went back and got pics. it looked factory when i saw it last time, but today i took a closer look and you could tell the dash was hacked up to install it.

here's the pics:

cutlasssupremehud2.jpg

cutlasssupremehud1.jpg

i did get a set of rear bose speakers out of a gtp, forgot what year it was, i think a 99:

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

and i also i got an overhead console from a '96 blazer.

PICT0050.jpg

i have already hooked up and tested the console and it works. i forgot to hook up the vss signal wire and was wondering why it kept reading 140*f :lol: i just gotta get more lights for it and another headliner to butcher up and install it. it's not much to wire in. i was looking to get one that had a trip odometer and fuel economy but then remembered the blazers/jimmys/bravadas didn't offer it and if so, im not sure what year they started offering that feature. maybe when i decide to do a dash swap i'll snag one from a gtp and the bcm that goes with it.

I have seen a 1995 with a HUD before, but I don't know much about it. It was back before I was really into these cars, It was a DARK GREEN 1995 Cutlass Supreme convertible with a tan interior and a tan top. All I know is it had the twin cam, and was fully loaded.

It was at a local dealership, but I saw this car about 3 years before I started learning about them.

I also put a 2000 GTP hud into my 1995 Cutlass Supreme, but I didn't do a dash swap. I also had a different 1995 Cutlass Supreme coupe that was prewired for HUD.

even those pics of the choppy hud the dash still looks like pre 95

I have seen a 1995 with a HUD before, but I don't know much about it. It was back before I was really into these cars, It was a DARK GREEN 1995 Cutlass Supreme convertible with a tan interior and a tan top. All I know is it had the twin cam, and was fully loaded.

It was at a local dealership, but I saw this car about 3 years before I started learning about them.

I also put a 2000 GTP hud into my 1995 Cutlass Supreme, but I didn't do a dash swap. I also had a different 1995 Cutlass Supreme coupe that was prewired for HUD.

how did you go about the install of the 00 gtp to the 95 with no dash swap

time and patience, and a little bit of fiberglass. The Cutlass Supreme dash has the mounting tabs for the screwholes. Just had to cut an opening, fiberglass it, and 2 slots for the clips (the slots were marked, but not cut). I didn't get around to making a cover for it, but the 2000 HUD casing is physically identical to the 1994-1996 casing. I also had installed the 2000 GTP HUD into my 1996 Grand Prix before it was totalled, and I was able to wire it up to get the RADIO DISPLAY to work as well, but that was something that was only compatible with the PONTIAC radio. I wired it into the OLDSMOBILE BOSE radio I had in my 1995 but it didn't display the radio data.

time and patience, and a little bit of fiberglass. The Cutlass Supreme dash has the mounting tabs for the screwholes. Just had to cut an opening, fiberglass it, and 2 slots for the clips (the slots were marked, but not cut). I didn't get around to making a cover for it, but the 2000 HUD casing is physically identical to the 1994-1996 casing. I also had installed the 2000 GTP HUD into my 1996 Grand Prix before it was totalled, and I was able to wire it up to get the RADIO DISPLAY to work as well, but that was something that was only compatible with the PONTIAC radio. I wired it into the OLDSMOBILE BOSE radio I had in my 1995 but it didn't display the radio data.

Do you happen to have any pics? I just bought a 99 GP with HUD and I'd really like it in my Cutlass too but I don't want to swap the dash.

i'll have to dig them up. They are all on my old laptop, and it is mostly crashed. I still need to make an upper cover for it, but since I don't own the car anymore it is not a priority.

So that overhead piece has an outside temp readout?

yep.

Other than the rear map lights, that console appears to be nearly the same part they use for the overheads in the Olds Silhouette minivan. Does it have two buttons adjacent the digital display On/Off and Eng/Met?

yep.

Other than the rear map lights, that console appears to be nearly the same part they use for the overheads in the Olds Silhouette minivan. Does it have two buttons adjacent the digital display On/Off and Eng/Met?

The APV vans (Pontiac and Olds), Blazers (all the variants), Astro/Safari, Tahoe/Suburban all used them. Some had compass/temp and some had a DIC and some had nothing. I just got one from 1LoudCutty from a 2000 Bravada and it's going in my 1991 S10 Blazer.

yep.

The APV vans (Pontiac and Olds), Blazers (all the variants), Astro/Safari, Tahoe/Suburban all used them. Some had compass/temp and some had a DIC and some had nothing. I just got one from 1LoudCutty from a 2000 Bravada and it's going in my 1991 S10 Blazer.

Great thanks for clearing that up. I keep kidding my Dad that byt the time i'm done with my car, it will have more features than his Caddy...an outside temp readout would just about get me there. Well and heated seats and a Northstar...but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! lol

Great thanks for clearing that up. I keep kidding my Dad that byt the time i'm done with my car, it will have more features than his Caddy...an outside temp readout would just about get me there. Well and heated seats and a Northstar...but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! lol

My Blazer is getting to be the same way! It already has all the power options except a sunroof...So far I've added:

1990 Olds DIC - The ECON info doesn't work yet though.

1994 Lumina APV dome light shut off switch

1995 Olds compass mirror with auto-dim

1994 Olds CS convertible All-window-down module

1993 Buick LeSabre window lock out switch

1988 S10 factory tach cluster

1992 Olds reel out underhood light

Soon:

1994 Bonneville Retained Accessory Power

2000 Bravada overhead console with homelink

Cadillac Allante heated mirrors

1993 Typhoon deep tint back window

1993 Typhoon remote keyless entry

1994 Jimmy/Blazer front seats with lumbar support and power tracks

GM Goodwrench security system

Maybe I'll add a power sunroof eventually

Camaro/Firebird ECM to get the 1990 Olds DIC to work OR possibly see if I can get the Bravada DIC to work

Possibly a 2003 SSR 6 disc HU but if I go that route, I may go all the way and install a navigation unit

I've been looking at adding adjustable pedals from something

I'll add more as I see it.

Cool list. There are some features in there I didn't even know existed. Johnny Cash and his "one piece at a time" Cadillac would be proud. lol

So I was mistaken that these overhead units only come in the Olds minivans...they were available in all of them huh? I'm assuming the units out of the Astro/Safari M-vans also have the rear mounted reading/map lights, yeah?

I found a pic on ebay of a newer Jimmy for sale with a sunroof, and it has only the digital readouts and some map lights in a little pod. The full-length overhead unit would make the Pontiac feel like a commercial jet with all those goodies up there for the back seat too.

edit: i uploaded the pic of this little thing. I'd really like to track one on of these down for the sake of the outside temp readout. A great feature IMO, even if it did give me a redundant compass...

overheadconsole2.jpg