Bryan921SS

Hey guys/gals...my throttle cable is really loose...when I push down on it it flexes down about one inch before the tb starts to move. Also I have a 96 2 door 3100 engine, i just got the tranny rebuilt and now it shifts really strange, and doesn't want to get up to speed...really laggy.

Does the car have a 4t60 or a 4t60-E??

i am in the process of changing a 4t60e on a 95 lumina with a 3100 so its probably the same sounds to me like your trans didnt get rebuilt right, even the best of the best dont always get it right, i have heard nothing but horror stories from people with rebuilt trannys ( i know now i will get shit for saying that )

as for the throttle check real good by the mounting bracket coming off the throttle and make sure everything is the way it should be.

Ok, so then the shift points are screwed and it has to go back to the tranny shop...got it rebuilt in Nov so no biggie for the warranty...but how do you tighten the throttle cable?

its not a matter of tightening but there is like a spool thingy that it wraps around.

There are little black clips that slide into the bracket, those might not be in place

if you have a chilton or haynes you can refer to one of there pics to see if yours is in the right place, it more then likely is but its something to check