96 Cutlass Repair...

Bryan921SS

So just an update...got my LIM done today, 525 out the door, good to go and drives like new (so I am told).

The shop used the new Felpro gaskets and she is good to go. Turns out the shop that did some repairs to the rear head 5 years ago used the felpro's as well....but over tightened the bolts, and tightened them in the wrong sequence...

Can't wait to drive her!!!Only took them 5 hours!!! They do 4-5 a week around here, so they are good at it.

5 hours??? :lol: Our techs at our shop bang them out in a couple hours. I've watched our Master Tech do a set in 50 minutes flat. I have done plenty too and average about 2-3 hours... Well, my last one took me like 4 because I was doing other things, got pissed at it because im sick of doing them and something didnt go too well, or at least I thought at first :lol:

$500 is a good price though. We charge about $750, that includes an oil change and full coolant flush.. But im sure they did that with you too..

Labor rate is about 7.4 hours if I remember right, so the shop you took it too must not charge $86/hr like we do

Well sorry, they opened at 8 am and called be at 12:45 saying it was done soo...

They did new oil, oil filter, new coolant, new Felpro gaskets, and a new thermostat.

So I am pleased, I think I could have done it myself, but I have no one to help me, and a small garage so oh well.

Not bad. Took me 6 hours of straight work to do LIM gaskets on an L36...the first time.

Hmmmmmm, lets see.......... it took me three days, one stop at the tattoo shop in between, and a call to a friend to do my whole headgasket job LOL

Not bad. Took me 6 hours of straight work to do LIM gaskets on an L36...the first time.

Hmmmmmm, lets see.......... it took me three days, one stop at the tattoo shop in between, and a call to a friend to do my whole headgasket job LOL

:lol: I didnt know you got a tattoo inbetween. No wonder you couldnt pay me right away :lol:

:lol: I didnt know you got a tattoo inbetween. No wonder you couldnt pay me right away :lol:

LOL yeah, it was kinda spur of the moment while I took a break on that Saturday.

im glad i got a decent garage where i can do this stuff cuz if i didnt know how i would be flat broke or with out a W takes me bout 2 hours when ive had to do them and i have almost done every car i have listed only the 3.1 blocks tho not the dohc or 3800 most of the time it was just preventive maintenance