Driver Window

karrkrazzie

So i went to replace my driver window motor today... I have deicded I am a idiot, and that this job is a pain in the ass... Instead of drilling out the rivets... I took an air hammer to them. Would just like to know how to take that whole plate off. I know about all the bolts but idk about that round spring in the middle... seems like it would be a pain in the ass to get back on if it un ravels itself. If this doesnt make any sense just let me know... ill be watching pretty consistantly, any help would be great!

removing the window motor???

drill out the 4 rivets that anchor it to the inner door skin, and the entire unit can be replaced with a j/y assembly. or have you already got a new motor only to put in it?

since you seem to have already hammered them, you could also use a angle grinder to reduce the heads of the rivets.

when i reinstall these parts, I use the next size larger SAE nuts and bolts... you will have to ream the holes a little larger and i recommend nylocking nuts to secure it.

any further problems?

Real problem is i didnt think and took an air hammer to the rivets.... i know moron.... So now i have to replace that whole plate that the motor mounts to.... so i need to know how to take that plate off to put a new one on. I am only confused because of that round spring... know what im talking about?

can you get a hold of one in a j/y cuz if your worried about the spring lookin thing just replace the whole assembly i havent took my panel off recently so im not 100% sure on the looks of it all but that spring i believe is just one piece it shouldnt burst if the plate is taken off but again im not 100% sure

Seem seperate... like when i unbolt the panel and go to take it out it wants to spin around... a lot of pressure I just put it back together without the motor for the night... I am gonna get to a j/y tomorrow. But I do need to find out where I can get a Window switch for less then 125$ Anybody have any iddeas

wait... i think i need a pic... I can't remember what the part you are talking about looks like... but you can get it replaced with the complete guts from a j/y donor.

I put the regulator in a vise to hold it while I replace the motor. Makes it alot easier.

If that spring comes off, it's kind of a pain in the ass to get it back on with the proper

tension.