98 Intrigue wiring help

jimmyfloyd

Ok, I have the 98 intrigue back together, but it's not starting. It does have a viper alarm, but I didn't get a remote with it. I would like to remove it if possible, and need to know what wires under the dash I need to check for and possibly reconnect.

So does anyone have a wiring diagram for the ignition wires and such under the driver's side of the dash? Thanks in advance.

Generally, the only wire that is cut for a starter kill is the yellow starter wire. If that isn't cut, then you have another issue.

And, if it is just an alarm/keyless entry, then the Vats/PK2/whatever factory antitheft system should not have been touched.

Now, coming from experience, I'm tossing out there that the ignition switch is starting to fail. I've seen it on many Intrigues (a few that I have owned and worked on), and Rob's is even failing (not reading the key correctly).

The ignition switch could be the issue, but it worked fine when I drove the car in there.

As for what it was doing, When i went to start the car, I'd put the key in and I would have all power. When I went to start the car, the minute I turned the key past run, it would cut all electrical power and all dash lights would be off, along with the interior lights. I believe the siren is also disconnected cause it doesn't make any noise.

I ended up pulling all the wires out of the alarm brain (Viper 550HF) and went and tried to turn the car on. This time, the power didn't cut out, but it still wouldn't start. I'd get one click from the starter each time and that's it. I believe that the battery might have only been at 50% at that point, so I put it on the charger and will be trying it again last night.

I am also getting a little bit of fuel dump at the regulator and I am wondering if that is cause the fuel pump is pushing the gas, but the injectors never fire so the pressure is building up and pushing it past the gasket. But that's another issue...