Hella kicks ass!

kiwi133

So on sunday (last free day before semester starts) I devoted the morning and mid day to washing and waxing the Z34.

After I was finnished, I was still board. So I thought, hmm, I'll buy something. Driving lights I decided after remembering how pissed I become at the stock highbeams. The low beams are piss poor as well but thats ok, there are enough HID cars around now that I could probably just drive around with out the low beams in traffic. So thinking back to the selection a advance auto, I could only think of two that didn't say HID while they were really only blue christmas tree bulbs hopped up on a voltage overdose. Both were hella, the ff75 and ff50. A little surfing on http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/NewLook/ProdServ/ps_perflighting.html and I decided on the ff50's. to the zone and $60 dollars later I had myself some driving lights.

First I must say I was impressed with the quality of the lamps, wireing, and all else right out of the box. High quality look and feel. 4 hours and 2 missdrilled holes later I had my lights installed. On monday I bondo'd my missplaced holes and drove with them at night for the first time. They made the road in front of me light like daytime, though not much else because they were pointed way far low. Today I sanded and painted my holes and re-aligned the lights useing my garaged door as a reference. Drove to school and did evil math and physics homework for 5 long hours. Drove home at around 11, nice and dark. Soon as I got to some road where I couldn't blind anyone, I tuned on the high beams.

All I have to say is WOW! :shock: These are 55W each and have less than 1/3 the reflector as my stock (except for bulb) 62W high beams yet I swear they put out twice the light. and in all directions too. The trees above, to the side and *according to hella's site* about 450 meters ahead are awash in light.

Hats off to Hella! for I have seen the light! and it is good!

BTW part of my enthusiasm here is just my brain reeling from the shock of calc 2 after no math since last semester. but I really do like the lights

There should be a FAQ as to how to install foglights. I don't have factory fog lights on my Regal GS but I'd love to put them on.

So on sunday (last free day before semester starts) I devoted the morning and mid day to washing and waxing the Z34.

After I was finnished, I was still board. So I thought, hmm, I'll buy something. Driving lights I decided after remembering how pissed I become at the stock highbeams. The low beams are piss poor as well but thats ok, there are enough HID cars around now that I could probably just drive around with out the low beams in traffic. So thinking back to the selection a advance auto, I could only think of two that didn't say HID while they were really only blue christmas tree bulbs hopped up on a voltage overdose. Both were hella, the ff75 and ff50. A little surfing on http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/NewLook/ProdServ/ps_perflighting.html and I decided on the ff50's. to the zone and $60 dollars later I had myself some driving lights.

First I must say I was impressed with the quality of the lamps, wireing, and all else right out of the box. High quality look and feel. 4 hours and 2 missdrilled holes later I had my lights installed. On monday I bondo'd my missplaced holes and drove with them at night for the first time. They made the road in front of me light like daytime, though not much else because they were pointed way far low. Today I sanded and painted my holes and re-aligned the lights useing my garaged door as a reference. Drove to school and did evil math and physics homework for 5 long hours. Drove home at around 11, nice and dark. Soon as I got to some road where I couldn't blind anyone, I tuned on the high beams.

All I have to say is WOW! :shock: These are 55W each and have less than 1/3 the reflector as my stock (except for bulb) 62W high beams yet I swear they put out twice the light. and in all directions too. The trees above, to the side and *according to hella's site* about 450 meters ahead are awash in light.

Hats off to Hella! for I have seen the light! and it is good!

BTW part of my enthusiasm here is just my brain reeling from the shock of calc 2 after no math since last semester. but I really do like the lights

Heh heh.. I have the HELLA 530 FF Clear Fog Lights which are just a bit smaller then the old 550 FF's And MAN oh MAN.. they are 3 times better then the old BOSCH Fog lights I used to have!