Finally Got a CD Player I Like.. Hmm, The Start Of A Stereo System In My CS??

BXX

I for one, have never been impressed with Eclipse's later stuff. It looks too chincy and cheap. I liked their older subs, but that's about it. Have you actually had good luck with them?

I for one, have never been impressed with Eclipse's later stuff. It looks too chincy and cheap. I liked their older subs, but that's about it. Have you actually had good luck with them?

x2. After installing a lot of their stuff, they really are nothing special.

I have a Eclipse 5425. It just needs a harness since i accidentally left it in my 87 Buick when i sold it. Overall a really solid cd player. That thing will read ANY cd no matter how scratched. The two pioneers i have now will skip or refuse to read a cd unless its brand new. I listen to my ipod 95% of the time though so its not a huge deal.

I havent had a problem with any CD player I have had before to be honest, and I have had a lot of them. Alpine, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Jensen, JVC, and Eclipse... And various models of each brand :lol: The actual Eclipse unit I had I do believe was a CD3434. I loved it, had nice clean looks and the sound quality was great, didnt take having to screw around with a million EQ settings to get it just right. Simplicity is key for me, hence the plain looking headunit.

That last HU I had this past summer was a Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT. Although I like it, to be honest, I wasnt impressed with the sound quality. And I even grounded the chassis of the HU (something I learned to do with Pioneers to cut down noise)

Im thinking about doing a full blown system in my CS. Its never gonna be a fast car, so why not. Im not gonna spend a buttload of cash on it either. Doesnt make sense to spend $3000 on equippment to put in a $500 car :lol: :lol:

My best friend has his old setup for sale I designed for him that I installed in his 94 Dakota Sport (standard cab)

2 Kicker 07S12L7D4s (12" solobarics)

Directed 1500D amp (summabitch still works :lol:)

Infinity Reference 7541A 4-channel

I think he still have a brand new set of Infinity Reference 6 1/2" front components. I would have to figure something out for rear 6x9s. Im one of those people that like to hear highs all around me, not just the front stage...

Looks like a pretty decent vintage deck. My favorite vintage CD players are the Sony CDX-C910 which I didn't have (but liked) and the Sony CDX-C90 which I did have. The C90 was really classy looking since it had a dark gray brushed aluminum faceplate, pics don't do it justice. Pioneer also had a really cool one that was Pioneer ODR something-or-other. It was too expensive and I couldn't afford it.

When I was 16 back in '92, I bought a JVC KS-RG8 tape deck that had a nice clean design, designed by Guigiaro or something like that. They also had an identical CD player, may have been KS-CG10? It was a good $150-200 more expensive than the tape deck. Nice looking decks, they may have been the very first flip-down face decks ever.