hud windshield

dirt_igirt

Someone might ask Rupert (tijuana_no on gmwbody and 60*)...He had his windshield replaced as I recall and he wanted it to be for a HUD car...He had to get the VIN from a HUD car to get it!

Here is my deal. I would rather have a HUD windshield, but if the cost is outrageous, I won't.

I wouldn't mind not having a windshield when I put in a HUD... is there any way I can take it out without screwing anything up? When the time comes...

I'm pretty sure my glass is oem or pretty damn old. The film at the top is fading to yellow from blue.

When I get put of class I'm going to check for a HUD moniker. In direct sunlight I can't see shit. I will say though since I cleaned the HUD unit its way clearer. Yesterday it got so bright in the evening I could see a reflection of the mirror within the HUD unit itself.

Hmm.. now that you say that, my buddy Kyle's old TGP had the original windshield in it, the dealer sticker was in the bottom corner, and the top of the windshield had a faded yellow look to it. I looked at his HUD display on the windshield and it looked much brighter than the one in my TGP.. and I have even taken mine apart and cleaned it. I would say the HUD windshield makes a difference, but not enough to justify spending outrageous money to get one.

I'm 90% sure my car doesn't have anything on it that says its a HUD window. I'm pretty sure all windows will fade eventually over the course of the years. So I don't think it's just a OEM thing that does that.

The only differnece between the non-hud and hud windsheilds is clarity. I was told by a glass shop that all the glas was inspected and graded, the ones with better grades got a sticker slapped on them and were used in an hud equipt car.

That would be incorrect. That have a film on them. I cant remember if its a polarization of film, or?? But there is a complete difference in between the 2.

I'll second this, from the info that I've gotten, it's almost like a semi-tint in the area where it is to be projected.