Jeez 15mpg again

SrMichi

3800's do do extremely well on the highway considering the weight of the car they're normally moving.

according to the sig, its a 3.1...

and using google...

38mpg imperial is just over 31.6mpg... well i can believe it now

one thing i do notice is when going on highway once i let go of pedal i do slow down some what faster than usually.

Are you sure your car is going into 4th (OD) gear? That would explain mileage and decceleration. My car almost freewheels--got pulled over for it going 61 in a 50mph downhill last summer. No ticket though :cool:

one thing i do notice is when going on highway once i let go of pedal i do slow down some what faster than usually.

Are you sure your car is going into 4th (OD) gear? That would explain mileage and decceleration. My car almost freewheels--got pulled over for it going 61 in a 50mph downhill last summer. No ticket though :cool:

all gears working nicely :biggrin:. im going to check the rear calipers on sat and maybe buy a new air charge sensor for the heck of it.

Well let me just say that you've done a lot of the right things to your car--many more than most of us have. I, and many of us here, are getting double your mileage not having done half of the maintenance you have. Hate to say it, but is it time to see a pro? Yeah, maybe it is the brakes, but if not...

3800's do do extremely well on the highway considering the weight of the car they're normally moving.

according to the sig, its a 3.1...

and using google...

38mpg imperial is just over 31.6mpg... well i can believe it now

Yea, its on the 2000, which is also listed in the sig BTW. ;) My DOHC cutlass usually pulled around 36 MPG (imperial) on the highway without any real effort and and the 89 was usually around 35.

When my GA was getting 16 mpg continuously, I replaced the oxygen sensor (even though the car had no SES light) and cleaned the MAF sensor. It upped the mileage to 19...

well after playing some football in the morning and got to working on my car. First i go get me some calipers (there where only two left One for each side) so i got them then when to my uncles house started work on my rear brakes. seems that the right side was dragging and ate like half of my pads so i change both since i was lazy to go back to the auto parts store and i kinda took both wheels of already :biggrin:. then i flushed out all of the old brake fluid after that i change the oxygen sensor, air charge senor, temp sensor (the one with the ONE green wire), and finally the pcv hose. while changing the pcv hose i snapped two vac lines one under the thing and the other in the back of engine then i sliced my finger trying to unbolt the egr and later found out it was the wrong screw :mad:. so now lets see what my mileage is going to be :biggrin:

Did you fix the vac lines? it will run like crap and still get horrible milage eithout them fixed properly.

i fixed them but how would you fix them properly?

lol. Go to the JY and get some intact vacuum lines and swap them in.

is just like a kit with a bunch of different vac lines and connections right? or you can buy the whole set up?

I used electrical tape on my CS for a bit :lol:

it seems to be nice and tight on the crack section but in not so sure about the part hat snapped off ill fix it tonight

hello i read in a alldata tsb that gm doesnt recommend fuel injector cleaner for the mpfi injectors. that it wears out the injectors coil windings inside, will short the injector out and cause them to leak. both my 89 regals one 2.8 and my current 3.1 gs regals have had injectors go out from using injector cleaner. like not a week after ive used the stuff the 3rd or 4th time. just a little warning about that crap injector cleaner

*Update* after fixing the vac line properly i filled up and now i have driven 156miles and it just passed the half way mark :biggrin: also due to the caliper dragging my foot got use to going to a certain position that allowed me to go around 65 but now that the drag is gone I'm going almost 80

*Update* after fixing the vac line properly i filled up and now i have driven 156miles and it just passed the half way mark :biggrin: also due to the caliper dragging my foot got use to going to a certain position that allowed me to go around 65 but now that the drag is gone I'm going almost 80

:eek: