Turbo Parts for 3.1

SmoothSteve3

Hey everyone-

This is kindof an extension from the discussion of 3.1 Liter Supercharging. After hearing all of your suggesstions, I think I've decided to turbocharge my non-turbo 3.1 Liter engine. So my next step is this: If the TGP 3.1 engines had different internal components (besides the turbo obviously) than the 3.1 MPFI engines, where could I find these different parts? Secondly, Where can I find all the parts I'm gonna need to add the turbo to my non-turbo 3.1? Do you guys think it'll work? And finally, about transmissions........I believe mine is one of the 440's......would I have to swap transmissions if i did turbocharge my engine? Thanks for all the info you guys......you're all awesome!

SmoothSteve3

1990 Chevy Lumina

3.1 Liter V-6

Ride on White Lightning

Secondly, Where can I find all the parts I'm gonna need to add the turbo to my non-turbo 3.1?

Josh(malibuolds) has quite a few parts to sell to turbo a non-turbo motor. Here is what he has...http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5911&highlight= check that out and talk to him!!

Yes...you would have to swap transmissions. That N/A 4T60 would go off like a grenade after a while. The TGP parts are hard to come from now-a-days. Most of them have been discontinued by GM. There are only about 3 decent places to find them. 1. Junkyard 2. Discussion Boards 3. Ebay.