Special Odometer Mile Marker for my Regal (Warning Large Picture!)

89GranSport

Sorry, I haven't been on this forum in awhile, I've been busy and also lazy, LOL. But, I knew I had to post the following picture.

I've been waiting awhile to take this picture. I was just praying I wouldn't accidently forget about it when I was driving. Once I had about 2 miles to go, I just kept driving around the city until I could snap this pic.

DSC_0107.jpg

lol gonna be a while before i get to that lol. My cluster is very distracting lol, ooh pretty lights and buttons :mrgreen: :willynilly:

Yeah, I wish I was able to get pictures of the 99,999 mile marker, but the car had just over 100,000 miles when my family bought it. This was one mile marker I was looking forward to.

and everyone tells me the digital dashes that came in gm cars were crap... :smile:

Who said that? I'll keeeeel them, LOL! Those people don't know what they're talking about!

That's some low miles for a '89!

Thanks!

I think it had around 102,000-104,000 miles on it when it was bought 2 1/2 years ago, I was and still am shocked by the mileage. I try to keep the miles down, but I love driving the car, and I love the sound of it's 3.1 at WOT. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Just remember, that on that dash, once the odometer hits 199 999, it rolls over and starts back at 0. Once that happens, the little block just to the right of the word "Miles" (you can see it in your pic, it is not illuminated) will light up.

I was going to do the same thing with a beretta I owned and I had my camera ready to go while driving down the highway, then some a-hole cut me off and I dropped my camera to put both hands on the wheel. By the time I regained my composure and found the camera, I was past the mileage :evil:

Just remember, that on that dash, once the odometer hits 199 999, it rolls over and starts back at 0. Once that happens, the little block just to the right of the word "Miles" (you can see it in your pic, it is not illuminated) will light up.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. So I do have another shot at the 99,999 mark, it's just very, very, very far in the future, LOL.

I was going to do the same thing with a beretta I owned and I had my camera ready to go while driving down the highway, then some a-hole cut me off and I dropped my camera to put both hands on the wheel. By the time I regained my composure and found the camera, I was past the mileage :evil:

Oh man, that sucks!!! Sorry to hear that.

Cool pic!

I was trying to 55,555 and 555.5 on my TSX and had a similar issue with traffic in the morning on the way to work. I looked down again and saw 55,556 and slammed my phone shut lol!

Cool pic!

I was trying to 55,555 and 555.5 on my TSX and had a similar issue with traffic in the morning on the way to work. I looked down again and saw 55,556 and slammed my phone shut lol!

When I got 111,111.1 on my Grand Prix, I had to pull off of the highway and do it on the shoulder. The problem . . . there was a cop car in the U-turn area infront of me, and he wasn't sure if I was a "distressed motorist" so he got on the road going the opposite direction and I would assume tried to come back to me. I was gone if he did come back.

thats a cool pic every time i get in the wifes caliber i always get some even number of miles and if its a mile stone marker i take a pic as well

you should have gotton the RPMs up to 789 ha ha ha

Cool pic!

That sucks!

Cool pic!

When I got 111,111.1 on my Grand Prix, I had to pull off of the highway and do it on the shoulder. The problem . . . there was a cop car in the U-turn area infront of me, and he wasn't sure if I was a "distressed motorist" so he got on the road going the opposite direction and I would assume tried to come back to me. I was gone if he did come back.

Yeah, I wish I would have gotten a pic of the 111,111 mark. But, at that time it wasn't my car, it was being driven by my brother and dad.

thats a cool pic every time i get in the wifes caliber i always get some even number of miles and if its a mile stone marker i take a pic as well

you should have gotton the RPMs up to 789 ha ha ha

Haha, That would have been awesome, I wish I would have thought of that at the time. But my mind was on finding a place to pull over quickly and snap the picture.

Don't feel too bad, trying to get the RPM's to the exact ones place would probably be impossible. :mrgreen:

Yeah, it would have been nearly impossible. But I would have tried lol, I was parked in a parking lot.