Update on my motor!!!

Aaron

Ok well this last SUnday we made big progress. the almighty TDC V6 is now on an engine stand instead of big frame sections. we finally got it out. and also, once everything is disconnected, its easy. the hardest part was making sure EVERY electrical connection was unplugged and labeled. we made it. tore out so much stuff. the bay looks empty, there is an AC compressor, the electrical on the left, the shit on the right. ntohin else. we pulled it with motor and tranny connected, then i disconnected the two. i flipped the motor and undid the oil pan, then took out the plate in their. ah, metal shavings on the oil pump pickup. always a good sign. so i start pulling caps. turns out on rod number 4, there is definately a bearing missing, well half of its still there. all in all it looks ok, my oil was still clean. so now we are gonna figure out what to do. iwanna get a goodwrench reman motor, but they are hard to find. so we dont know, but thats whats up.

we will have it machined no matter what. as for only rebuilding the bottom, thats asking for trouble. then my 130k old valve seals have to deal with brand new pistons and rings, which surely will have more compression that my current ones. if we rebuild it, it will be a full rebuild. but id rather find a GM one that has the 3year/50k mile warrenty.

Aaron - where are you getting your machine work done? DO NOT USE GETTIS, DO NOT USE GETTIS, DO NOT USE GETTIS, DO NOT USE GETTIS.

Just do a search on lawsuits for dealers in the springs.......The Nappa across from Fergison did the 5 angel valve job on my TGP motor I think it was $180.00 for both to include truing & magnafluxing.

Good luck.