24# injectors

god910

What should I do  

1. 1. What should I do

• Keep them for the Cutty project
    • Sell them to someone who could use them
    • Return them to JCWhitney and possibly get a restocking fee (haven't looked)

Here's the dilly. I bought some Accel injectors. I meant to buy the 22# stock injectors but must have clicked on the wrong link @ JCWhitney.com. Anyway, I got 24# injectors instead of 22# and I don't think that they will be able to support the power to justify the price ($254) I am going to turbo the Cutty, so I am debating using them on that project. But I hate to spend that much money if they won't support that much power. What do you guys think I should do:

you meant to get 22# but you got 24#, but now you don't think 24lb is enough? how much boost are you planning on running? You need to use the fuel calculator to see what # you need. I got 24lbs and they work effortlessly but then again i have the stock boost level of TOODAMNLOW :D !

Well, right now I am running 11-12 psi. The 22#'s are doing fine. If I am going to spend $250 I would like it to be on some 32-36#er's. When the engine rebuild is done I will be running 12 (low end) and 15-18 on the high end. It's not that these injectors aren't worth it. It's just that there are tons of other places this money could go unless I should keep them for my Turbo Cutty project.

I would definately get rid of those injectors if you paid $254 for them. You can get 42.5lb injectors for $250, and flow matched and balanced 42.5lb injectors for $300! If I were you I would get some 32-36lb. injectors. I am probably going to be putting the stock 36lb. injectors from the GTP (we replaced them with 42.5lb injectors because te 36lb. weren't big enough) in the TGP, as long as you can set the computer to be able to use them, bigger injectors aren't going to hurt. You may be able to order stock GTP injectors for fairly cheap, they are 36lb. like I said.