Here's your chance guys................

Hippie

I have put in my $.02 when a few of you asked for opinions so I guess it's payback time. I mocked up a few ideas for the Lumina I will be dropping the V-8 into. Remember, I'm an "old school" geezer so there will be no neon lights, wings, graphics, etc. Not allowed, I'm also too young for fuzzy dice :roll: . I like 'em to look close to stock or like something the factory "might" have made. Here's the leading candidate, it's basically a debadged, slightly lowered Euro with the rear spoiler removed, a '90 grille, a Razzi body kit and white Motegi wheels. I have a thing for white cars with white wheels otherwise I'm not big on body colored wheels. Had a white '81 Z-28 with white wheels and always wanted another one. If I go with a different color then the wheels will be some shade of silver, aluminum or chrome. Exhaust will be a single 3" pipe off the Y with a high flow Cat and I'm leaning toward chambered exhaust instead of a muffler. Tip to be determined later but I'm hoping to find a decent sized rectangular or oval tip that doesn't look like a Folger's can. :wink:

10391Shaved_Razzi_Coupe_on_white_Motegi_s-med.jpg?7622

Like I said, here's your chance..................

Not bad.

I too, subscribe to the school of thought that mods should be tasteful enough that the factory could have offered it on a higher trim level or sport package.

Looks good.. If it were me I'd remove the black striping, but that's my personal preference. It does offer some color contrast on the car though, so it's not as bad as say a big red stripe or some other color.

But yea, it looks good, I like it. :)

dropping in a V8??? rear wheel drive conversion???

- Justin

No, sorry just a 4.9L Cad. Not fast but it will sound nice and should make it fun to drive and there aren't any in my neck of the woods that I'm aware of. Maybe a RWD Lumina next time though, I do have a 454 and 12 bolt posi in need of a home................. :wink:

SWEET!

But it needs a Z34 spoiler. Other than that, perfect. One thing I must mention: I hate painted wheels. Give the car silver wheels (not chrome) and the ride will be perfect.

I have put in my $.02 when a few of you asked for opinions so I guess it's payback time. I mocked up a few ideas for the Lumina I will be dropping the V-8 into. Remember, I'm an "old school" geezer so there will be no neon lights, wings, graphics, etc. Not allowed, I'm also too young for fuzzy dice :roll: . I like 'em to look close to stock or like something the factory "might" have made. Here's the leading candidate, it's basically a debadged, slightly lowered Euro with the rear spoiler removed, a '90 grille, a Razzi body kit and white Motegi wheels. I have a thing for white cars with white wheels otherwise I'm not big on body colored wheels. Had a white '81 Z-28 with white wheels and always wanted another one. If I go with a different color then the wheels will be some shade of silver, aluminum or chrome. Exhaust will be a single 3" pipe off the Y with a high flow Cat and I'm leaning toward chambered exhaust instead of a muffler. Tip to be determined later but I'm hoping to find a decent sized rectangular or oval tip that doesn't look like a Folger's can. :wink:

10391Shaved_Razzi_Coupe_on_white_Motegi_s-med.jpg?7622

Like I said, here's your chance..................

Damn, that's exactly how I feel about the designs of cars. I really think you and I, along with BrianP and Hazmatic should take over GM. What do you think dude?

Not bad.

I too, subscribe to the school of thought that mods should be tasteful enough that the factory could have offered it on a higher trim level or sport package.

Looks good.. If it were me I'd remove the black striping, but that's my personal preference. It does offer some color contrast on the car though, so it's not as bad as say a big red stripe or some other color.

But yea, it looks good, I like it. :)

Same here, other then that it looks really good.

Damn, that's exactly how I feel about the designs of cars. I really think you and I, along with BrianP and Hazmatic should take over GM. What do you think dude?

no offense to Hazmatic or you, but I think that GM is better off without Hazmatic's input

no offense to Hazmatic or you, but I think that GM is better off without Hazmatic's input

What??? You don't think GM cars would all be better rolling on 20" spinning rims with neon right outta the factory?

Hippie,

I like what you are planning. It looks sweet!!!! WHen you get that V8 in, see if you can make a sound clip of the exhaust, Im anxious to here it. Oh, and do you have any internal engine mods planned before it goes in?

Robby

do you have any internal engine mods planned before it goes in?

Other than possibly a mild Crane or Comp Cams reground cam, no. I want to keep the 9.5 to 1 compression and because of the low miles and pristine condition of this motor I don't really want to distrub anything to do any porting. I prefer to keep it on the mild side. That's why the cam is still a "maybe". I'll work on improving the ignition, intake and exhaust and I will slip a set of 3.33's in place of the Cad transaxles 2.73. Part of the reason I selected this combo is the lack of aftermarket for the 4.9. I have a tendency to get a little carried away with the go fast goodies if they're available, this way I have a built in safety valve. I'm not looking to make it fast, just fun.

No, no, no! I mean we'd hire Hazmatic simply because he comes up with all this crazy shit he'd make the job more fun. If we were to hire him, he wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere near the cars. Hearing him talk some stupid shit is pretty entertaining and makes the day go by much faster.

No W-Body or GM cars are ever going to be produced under our supervision where they come out of the factory with LED exhaust tips or anything crazy like that. :)

Not to stray off topic, but here's my new GM Design Team proposal:

Shawn - Lead Vehicle Designer

91GranSport - Vehicle Co-Designer + Quality Control Inspector

BrianP - Powertrain Engineer + Research and Development

Hazmatic - Entertainer

Now, how can we not produce quality vehicles with a team like this? Shit, we'll put GM back in the black and W-Body cars back on the podium!

Hippie: That's real nice. But I agree with the thing on painted wheels. I'd put a set of old chrome Cragar S/S mags on that bad boy.

By the way, I AM old enough to have the fuzzy dice! I'm a child of the sixties. :D

Hippie: That's real nice. But I agree with the thing on painted wheels. I'd put a set of old chrome Cragar S/S mags on that bad boy. By the way, I AM old enough to have the fuzzy dice! I'm a child of the sixties. :D

I only like body color wheel on white cars or an old Plain Jane sedan with dog dish hubcaps and a big V-8 ;). I did a mock up with the new style FWD Cragar SS wheels. I'd have to get a better picture of the car and the wheels from a straight on side shot to be sure about them. Although I saw a set of the 18 inch RWD's on a Berger ZL-1 '02 Camaro at a local cruise night and they look BAD ! 8) I was never a big Cragar SS fan but the new ones are nice wheels. Just wonder if the chrome stays on any better than the old ones............. :roll:

I'm a child of the "late" 60's. Didn't get my license until '71. My first wheels had metal flake banana seats and 4 foot sissy bars with Maltese crosses, peace symbols and STP stickers on 'em. But no fuzzy dice.......... 8) :roll: :lol:

90TGP-Test Driver :shock: 8) :twisted:

Have you ever seen white cars with gunmetal wheels and tinted windows?

If you get a nice set of gunmetal [this color is limitless when it comes to wheels], it would look killer on a white car. I know it's a little importish, but if done right, it'll look good.

But if you're for all white, go for it.

Have you ever seen white cars with gunmetal wheels and tinted windows?

If you get a nice set of gunmetal [this color is limitless when it comes to wheels], it would look killer on a white car. I know it's a little importish, but if done right, it'll look good.

But if you're for all white, go for it.

Yes, I have, and I haven't ruled those out either. I've been known to have 2 sets of wheels and tires and switch them occasionally when I need a "change". One set was Vette Rallye wheels and I'm afraid those won't fit the Lumina. :cry:

Shit, you got the fun job. With the way BrianP would tinker with the powertrain, we'd have GM monsters that'd throw you into the backseat when you drop the hammer!