Body Mod, how will this work?

MommyTaz022200

I don't like the front of my car as much as I like the SE front ends. The ones with the running lights look more sporty, and I want to switch the front. Will it work just to get the grill part and the headlights, blinker lights, and lower bumper with running lights from an SE model? Will a 94-96 fit also or do I have to look for a 93? I would at some point like to add the body panels that go from the middle of the door right to the bottom, and the trim for below the door too (the aerocoupe trim?) What do I need to look for? I also plan to get a paint job in the future, going from the white it is now to black. Is the front paintable without chipping shortly after, or is the rubber like stuff a colored plastic?

You can get any year as long as it's the same bodystyle (coupe or sedan) as yours and as long as it's a Gen1. Gen2 and Gen1 body panels are not compatible unless you do some custom work.

Try to find a complete assembly at an auto recycler, it may be cheaper to buy the parts whole.

You can easily install the factory ground effect trim to your vehicle, I think it will require pop rivets and such. You may have to drill holes and you may have to use adhesive.

As for painting, leave that to the painters. Get a decent paint job, not a cheap one. The painter should put some adhesion promoter and flex agent in the paint to make sure it sticks and stays onto the plastic bumper pieces.

I don't like the front of my car as much as I like the SE front ends. The ones with the running lights look more sporty, and I want to switch the front. Will it work just to get the grill part and the headlights, blinker lights, and lower bumper with running lights from an SE model? Will a 94-96 fit also or do I have to look for a 93? I would at some point like to add the body panels that go from the middle of the door right to the bottom, and the trim for below the door too (the aerocoupe trim?) What do I need to look for? I also plan to get a paint job in the future, going from the white it is now to black. Is the front paintable without chipping shortly after, or is the rubber like stuff a colored plastic?