Turbo 3.1 from an STE

badprix

Well, my head gasket situation sucks and I found this motor for $1000 (with a car around it) so finally I have a good alternative. So, I'll be dropping the Turbo 3.1 in and getting more power and fixing my head gasket woes at the same time! or knowing my luck the turbo motor heads will blow too :cry:

Guest TurboSedan

i just bought a 111,000 mile '90 Turbo STE engine for $350 and i'm DEFINATELY changing out the head gaskets, head bolts, oil pump, and lots of gaskets and seals. maybe even a good valve job. if i got the whole Turbo STE i would keep the engine in it......that' one rare car....the best W-body of all IMO.

joshua

I agree. Also, a sedan is a more "mature" look. I love sporty sedans, such as 540is, A6 4.2s, Seville STSs, etc.

yea but its a 4 door :roll: :?

hehehe, personally i wouldn't want to own a coupe W-body; i'm a sedan fan. SLEEPERS!

joshua

I like the sporty look and less wieght of the coupes, and besides when was the last time any normal every day person thought that a Gen 1 grand prix was fast? No one that I know of so any GP that breaks into the 14s is gonna be a sleeper regardless of the number of doors. Isn't $1000 really cheap for an STE? I think theres something wrong with the car itself because there not selling the car, there selling the engine and the car is included.

I wish I could find an intact 90 Turbo STE. Those things were great!!!! :D Even if they were 4-door cars. Can you say sleeper? :wink:

A friend of mine has a '90 STE Turbo. I think she's got over 200,000 on it though. It just sits in her shop.. she doesn't drive it anymore.. Last time I heard, it still ran.. rough.. but it ran. I can't quite get her to sell it to me.