side to side motion on my 90 TGP( need help)

dogginred90

Ok guys help me figure this out. When I accelerate about half throttle the car will pull to the left, and when I let off the throttle it goes back to the right. I dont have no clunking or banging just the pulling issue. Any suggestions will be looked at( 60 degrees the next 2 days, so time for me to get some things done to my cars). Thanks in advance. Oh and all 4 motor mounts are fairly new, not saying that they cant be bad though, but when I put the car in gear the engine doesnt rock back and forth like a bad mount will

does your steering feel sloppy?

This sounds like something like a tie rod may be worn out, when you accelerate the direction of the tire(s) change slightly as the worn joint shifts, and when you let off the gas or brake the tire(s) shifts back. thats to say sometimes only one tire shifts but it affects the overall direction of the car.

I know this feeling well from driving John's car.

Does it pull like that on all roads or just a certain road? If it does it all the time, it sounds like exaggerated torque steer. As Ken said above, worn/loose tie rods can cause this. Worn control arm bushings can also cause the same thing.

Yes it pulls on all roads. The steering doesnt feel sloppy at all, nice and tight. I will check out the front end today. I replaced all balljoints and tierod ends 3,000 miles ago, it better not be them. LOL. Thanks guys