Lumina Part Number Request (Calling Chris D)

mra32

Heres another zinger for you:

This is on my 1991 Lumina sedan, drivers side front door, particularly

I have an extremely worn part on my door. I dont know what its called but I know what it does. Its the part that goes from the door to the door jamb (do cars have door jambs?) and its attached to the springy linkage that allows your door to stay in the partially open position or holds in in the fully open position. You can see it if you open your door and its below the bellows for the wiring (that could get replaced too). I can post pictures if needed.

they are specific, as follows:

not left and right specific, but must come from the same "door" front sedan doors all gen 1 models interchange. rear sedan interchange, and coupe interchange. they are different between front a rear and coupe vs sedan.

door prop?

There was a difference between a 90 GP SE coupe and my 93 Z34. They were interchangable, but a different design all together. The early ones weren't as strong, and wouldn't hold the door open when parked on a slight upwards incline.

oops, didnt realize there were two big shots that Chris D could apply to.

Ken that was perfect, now I'll just pull a passenger side one from a first gen sedan. Are these hard to pull?

Looks like you already got what you need! I had the same thing break a few years back. It made a popping noise forever, then one day I swung open the door and it went CRACK and came back on my shins.

It is pretty easy to swap out and you might be able to get away with only pulling the bottom half of the lumina sedan door panel off. I think they are held to the body by a 13mm. and to the door by 2 7mm. just take off body side then the door side and pull it back out through the inside of the door.

I ended up replacing it with a pass side one from a junkyard car, it outlived the car.

If you still need the GM part number let me know and I'll look it up in the bigass book of lumina.