drivers information center

jake91

see I added the sport pod in mine in order to get the DIS and the hud installed and i like it alot. I still fit 3 people in my front seat even with the sport pod. I have never seen a factory sport pod with a column shift on the cutlass.

see I added the sport pod in mine in order to get the DIS and the hud installed and i like it alot. I still fit 3 people in my front seat even with the sport pod. I have never seen a factory sport pod with a 60/40 bench

They were more common from 1989-1993.

It is a dash panel that goes around the HVAC controls and goes down to the console shift, or in my case is stationary. It houses, either 2 cubbies, A DIS and a cubby, A hud controller and cubby, or in my case both the DIS and the HUD controller. It also has the ashtray instead of being on the underside of the hvac at the bottom of the dash.

The first pic is of my car with the sport pod and the second which is hard to see unfortunately is without the sport pod. I will havee to take better pics. Which shifter do you have?

ewww those seats were so ugly lol. Now i can say i have seen one though.

Now you will have to remove the sport pod and remove the bottom cubby and the DIS will be secured by 3 of the screws that secured the cubby. If you need the small square cubby that would go in the place of the hud controls i have that. I actually have all 3. Overall the DIS install is not bad at all.

Oh and did i mention i am drooling over that white leather interior with the black console and trim :drool:

ewww those seats were so ugly lol. Now i can say i have seen one though.

Now you will have to remove the sport pod and remove the bottom cubby and the DIS will be secured by 3 of the screws that secured the cubby. If you need the small square cubby that would go in the place of the hud controls i have that. I actually have all 3. Overall the DIS install is not bad at all.

Oh and did i mention i am drooling over that white leather interior with the black console and trim :drool:

thanks for the compliment and that car has the small cubby so im good on that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a 93 CS convertible. I purchased a DIC and cubby off of Ebay a few years ago but I dont' know how to install it. I had a 92 LeBaron and found one at a junk yard-it was easy to install-just plug and play. Can you give me instructions to install a DIC in my 93 CS? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I just looked at the instructions. My DIC still has the plugs attached to it. Since my car is a 93 would I have the plugs to connect to in my dash? Thanks for the interest.

1993 is not pre-wired. I would suggest going to a junkyard find a 89-91 Cutlass Supreme and find the the other end of the plug behind the center console. Get a good length of wire so you can wire it in.

• 10 months later...

Does anybody know if there's a DIC that works with the 16227797 PCM? I'd love to see fuel econ, hell, I don't even care what platform car it comes out of, and I can't see why another GM Class II communications vehicle wouldn't do it.