powerseats question

Drummer

I recently bought leather interior from a monte carlo for 56 bucks :mrgreen:, and the drivers seat is powered. While looking for power seat wires i looked in the fuse panel just to see if there were wires running to it, which there were. So my question now is if there is connnectors where are the wires located? I recently took the carpet out and didn't see any plugs at all, but mabye i have to do some digging, or the connectors are there just to make me think there are plugs somewhere i don't know. If anyone has any clue, please chime in, cause i really want power seats. :lol: oh yeah and my monte is a 98 if that makes a difference. Thanks.

In my 94 Cutlass the connectors were just underneath seat sticking through the carpet. They were also like this on a few I've pulled at the junkyard, I assumed they all had the connector and wires coming through the carpet.

Now someone can correct me if I am wrong.

If you can not find the connectors easily , as in they're MIA or something,and you have both ends of the connector.(if they gave you both ends when you bought the seats, if not easy pull in a JY) you should be able to pull your power form something else and run your ground. You dont have to use the correct wires. I ran electric seats and just pulled power from another source.

Shouldn't be an issue! Although, like stated before, i've never had to search for the connectors.

I did the same install on my 95 GP. My car wasn't prewired for a power seat.

Yet the install was easy. Prior to my leather interior swap, I ran an 8gauge power wire from the battery to a power splitter under the dash. From the splittler I ran a wire to the wire attached to the powerseat. And I found a ground on the floor right under the power seat.

Inches from the power splittler I installed a fuse. I forget what size i used. Possibly a 20amp fuse?

that means you could use your seat even when the car is off right???

i usually try to hook up to a 12v power source that is only live when the car is on, unless i want to be able to use it when the car is off then i just split off any 12v constant

You can move them when the car is off stock...

x2. I think it would be almost impossible to remove the power seat from the j/y car seeing how that every j/y Ive been two dont keep keys or batteries in the cars. What I use is a jumper pack to power the seat so you can access the bolts.

You can move them when the car is off stock...

x2. I think it would be almost impossible to remove the power seat from the j/y car seeing how that every j/y Ive been two dont keep keys or batteries in the cars. What I use is a jumper pack to power the seat so you can access the bolts.

i think he meant if you have a car with power seats you can operate them while the car is off

which is very true after i thought about. silly me

After looking at both cars it seems it was partially wired. I just had to get the power wire that runs to the seat from the j/y car and trace it which led me to a box under the passenger side dash, all i had to do was unscrew it with a torx, pull the box apart and pull the plug out. I would have answered earlier but i can only get to the home page but no further. :evil: