anyone seen any O.E.M. franksteined w-bodies?

H.P.Productions

I've reaad bout Gp's being upgraded with all Gm parts out of various cars to reach great performance but still be O.E.M reliable......................

like a Sc 3800 engine.....buike stb.....phantom suspension......qaud buckets....Dic...Bose cd changer upgrade from a newer car...gtp styling package....Oem 16" crome gtp 5 spokes or Oem 15" gold laced.....

even big brake upgrades....

they say you can get a GP up bmw M3 perormance with almost all Gm parts...with the expetion of springs, air filter, exauhst, and a sc overdrive pulley and a performance chip

A W-Body that performs the same way an M3 does? I doubt it, I've driven an E36 M3 and it sure as hell blew the doors of my Regal. Hell, it was almost as nice to drive the Z06 Corvette that I drove a couple months back.

You are right though, with OEM parts you can seriously bring out performance on our W-Body cars though. But you need lots of time and money.

I've reaad bout Gp's being upgraded with all Gm parts out of various cars to reach great performance but still be O.E.M reliable......................

like a Sc 3800 engine.....buike stb.....phantom suspension......qaud buckets....Dic...Bose cd changer upgrade from a newer car...gtp styling package....Oem 16" crome gtp 5 spokes or Oem 15" gold laced.....

even big brake upgrades....

they say you can get a GP up bmw M3 perormance with almost all Gm parts...with the expetion of springs, air filter, exauhst, and a sc overdrive pulley and a performance chip

Damn, your name is too damn similar to mine. :)

I think the Gen1 W-Body weighs moer than 3200lbs though, probably more like 3400lbs. Especially models like ours which have all the goodies such as power accessories and such.

I highly doubt an L67 would fit a J-Body, unless you modify the engine bay or something. It would drive weird as well, you'd need beefier suspension up front to handle the added weight. Talk about massive understeer during cornering!

Check out http://www.l67swap.com some nut bars are stickin' 3800SC in a J-Body..or into a 3200lb 1st Gen W-Body :twisted:

its been done, i saw video of a L67 powered Z24

Dude was Canadian, IIRC. I saw it on his website. He had to hack the shit out of the engine bay in that car to fit it.

Damn near pulled everything, AC, PS... :shock:

quad buckets....Dic...Bose cd changer upgrade from a newer car...gtp styling package

What do those have to do with performance? Yeah, they're cool add ons, but I'll take the self-delete option, and keep the weight down.

YEAH! wieght reduction is the way to go! :lol:

The Regal coupe wieghs 3247lbs dry...Thats why I got mine with as little options as possible (no leather, sunroff, etc.)

Which reminds me...Any one what the lightest FACTORY 16X8 rims are?? Sleeper ya' know!

Sorry 'Bout the name thing :oops:

And as far as the M3 goes, Thats untouchable teratory(unless your a millionaire)

frankenstein w-body:

94 3.1 euro sedan

91 cutlass 3.4tdc/4t60-e

94 3.1 engine harness

92 grand prix cradle

96 cutlass leather buckets

93 z34 gauges

92 3.4 euro taillights

gm stb

Guest TurboSedan

my W-body frankenstien =

suspension & brakes:

- TDC adjustable rear coilovers w/ KYB GR2 struts, Addco 7/8" sway bar, '94 GTP 16x8 crosslace widetrack wheels (25mm offset), '94+ 11" rear solid disc brakes with the better calipers from a '95 Buick Regal, '95+ bigger front disc brakes with 11.25" discs (has '97 Cutlass front/strut knuckles), Eibach 1.5" front lowering springs, and a '91 Cutlass DOHC 34mm front sway bar. no STB's for now but they are coming...

engine:

- '90 TGP Turbo 3.1 engine on garage floor waiting to go in...... stock n/a 211,000 3.1 for now with entire '90 Grand Prix 3.1/Manual wiring harness (still runs great!)

trans:

- was an auto, swapped in '90 282 from a Grand Prix a year ago that just blew out last month; i should have another 5-speed shortly (hopefully).

other:

- i added: International Series GFX & front bumper cover, HUD, UB3 instrument cluster, Pioneer 1.5 DIN CD, leather bucket seats, and DIC.

it's not really 'frankenstien' considering it's mostly OEM upgraded parts i added. like Brian mentioned, it's probably the best way to go, or maybe the only way to go considering the lack of aftermarket HP parts.

joshua