Radio antenna cable question. Need help!

blackbombshell95

Since my deck & a few cables were stolen from my car a year ago I can't seem to figure this out.

I have an existing female connection for a radio hookup under my passenger side of the dash. I have an extension radio antenna cable that the male part goes into the existing female connection. But the end that hooks to the deck is female. (Male to female cable aftermarket extension cable.) The deck has a female opening. And I can't seem to find a male to male connection.

Now I remember when I bought the car I had a male connection behind the dash that easily plugs into any deck. What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

there should be a factory extension cable that goes from the pass side of the dash to behind the radio. it sounds like yours is missing

And is that factory piece male to male?

I think most are male to female. In fact, in all my years installing, I have never seen a male to male cable, aftermarket or OEM (or I woulda kept that!! :lol:).

You can buy new antenna ends at most parts stores or car audio install bays if you decide to go the route of cutting off a female end to put a male end on there. It is very simple to do.

I think most are male to female. In fact, in all my years installing, I have never seen a male to male cable, aftermarket or OEM (or I woulda kept that!! :lol:).

You can buy new antenna ends at most parts stores or car audio install bays if you decide to go the route of cutting off a female end to put a male end on there. It is very simple to do.

Makes sense because I couldn't find a male to male online.

I thought about cutting off the female end and mating a male end. But first I am going to hit up a wrecking yard today and tear a car down to see what it has. Whatever those thieves did to my wiring is really screwing me up. Or maybe i'm confused with something else.

I've been installing and removing wires from my 95 GP since I bought it 5 years ago. A total of 5 decks plus 4 amp/woofer combos.

The antenna cable in these cars is 2 piece which I can only figure was for assembly line ease of installation. I am pretty sure that the one Corey is talking about is about 2-3 feet long and literally goes from the back of the radio to the pass side kick panel area. And I want to say it is a male-male cable

Yeah, I knew they were 2 piece. In fact, I can only count a handful of vehicles that I have worked on that the OEM wasn't 2 piece. However, I thought that they used male-female throughout.

The antenna cable in these cars is 2 piece which I can only figure was for assembly line ease of installation. I am pretty sure that the one Corey is talking about is about 2-3 feet long and literally goes from the back of the radio to the pass side kick panel area. And I want to say it is a male-male cable

You've given me hope! I called the pull it yard and they have a 94/95/96 grand prix. Big time score for the seattle area.

I'll take a pic when I get back in 2 hours.

Yeah, in all the time I worked in sales, and installation, I never had one on the shelf, or was able to order one.

But now we know where to scrap them from :). 94 to 96 GP's. Maybe even other years.