Orange peel!

lb79theone

Yeah, I am in the middle of niteshadeing my trunk panel of my monte and after the first coat the sh** starteed orange peeling up!

Is there a way to get rid of this? Or?

Thanks in advance.

Ya I sanded the whole thing down. THEN... I got rid of the niteshade! I did this becuase it does not spread the tint evenly for something like a trunk panel! So I had a plastic black gloss spraypaint for plastic, from Krylon and I did two coats of that and waiting to do the clear coat on top of that. It came out alot better! And I noticed a lil reflection from the reflectors in the light and the only thing behind that are my reverse bulbs and theyll go through. LOOKS amazing! Ill take pics in a few hours.

.. I also know guys that will inspect it, so I am all set! Lol.

Wait, I think there is a misuse of wording. Orange peel is just a finish in the clear that gives the texture of a well, orange peel. Yours was actually "lifting" wasn't it?

Ya I sanded the whole thing down. THEN... I got rid of the niteshade! I did this becuase it does not spread the tint evenly for something like a trunk panel!

I am going to claim that your problems are operator error. From the sounds of your post, you didn't prep, applied coats WAY to thick....when done properly the first coat of Nightshades should barely be visible...... Nightshades works fantastic, even on a rear panel when properly prepped, sprayed and cleared. Properly applied Nightshades always looks better and out lasts the Krylon spray tint.

Ya, the spray of the niteshade was too narrow and built up on certain spots. So I used the krylon that works on plastic and did that, then I did three coats of the clear on that. I think it will hold up ok after that. But it did spray alot better.

I will take pics.

Anyways.... 24 hours is long enough for the paint and clear coat to dry right? To put it back on my car and drive? the salt dust wont stick on it after 24 hours right?

I just want to make sure.