About putting leather seats in lumina

dodgethis

I know all about leathe-ing luminas :sweat: FWIW gen 2 seats are just a LITTLE too much effort for me to deem worthwhile, does it look good, maybe. enough for me to do it again, no,

I know all about leathe-ing luminas :sweat: FWIW gen 2 seats are just a LITTLE too much effort for me to deem worthwhile, does it look good, maybe. enough for me to do it again, no,

We have yet to see pics of this! I want to see how it looks!

not completely done yet. Pass seat needs to go up a little in the back. need to remove some spacers from the drivers one to bring it down a little. and have to figure out how to get the rear seat back to firmly attach. don't know when it will get done. too much snow!

For the door panels you could inject some glue from a syringe into the backing of the panel material and see if that would be enough to rebond everything - or just get "new" panels.

• 3 weeks later...

And I guess I had forgotten LTZ's did come with the 60/40 bench...they just were few and far between like the Monte LS's with the same front seat.

LTZ with the front bench is rare indeed, could be had in cloth OR leather for '97 and '98. I remember seeing a red one with tan leather 60/40 seat back in the day. All '99 LTZ's had bucket seats. Monte LS's with the front bench are much more common, but those were not available in leather.

All '99 LTZ's had bucket seats.

My LTZ has the cloth front bench...

Maybe mine is an oddball?

Seriously? I pulled out my '99 Lumina brochure to make sure I wasn't cracking up It says: " Front bucket seats - complete with center console and floor shift - are now standard on LTZ" On the options page, there is not an "O" in the LTZ column for 60/40 split bench front seat. I'm Intrigued... what is the interior and exterior colors of your LTZ? What is the production date? Maybe yours was a really early build before they decided to make buckets standard, or something changed after the brochures were printed. I don't remember seeing any at the dealers at the time, so always assumed the info was correct. Brochure is dated June 1998 BTW.

All '99 LTZ's had bucket seats.

My LTZ has the cloth front bench...

Maybe mine is an oddball?

Seriously? I pulled out my '99 Lumina brochure to make sure I wasn't cracking up It says: " Front bucket seats - complete with center console and floor shift - are now standard on LTZ" On the options page, there is o "O" in the LTZ column for 60/40 split bench front seat. I'm Intrigued... what is the interior and exterior colors of your LTZ? What is the production date? Maybe yours was a really early build before they decided to make buckets standard, or something changed after the brochures were printed. I don't remember seeing any at the dealers at the time, so always assumed the info was correct. Brochure is dated June 1998 BTW.

Yep...

Colors are maroon exterior and light grey cloth interior (I can't remember the official names right now)... I'll get the production date in the morning when it is light out...

I'm kinda late here, but would gen 1.5 luminas be included in the "is a bitch to put leather seats in a first gen" category. And bump on pics, your for sale thread makes me think that it might be done