About putting leather seats in lumina

dodgethis

Hey i was going to ask this because I wanted to drop in some leather seats and some leather rear seats for the lumina. I wanted to ask those who know alot about the LTZ package does anyone know if there a was a tan color or champagne color that was leather?

My car has the back cloth seat that doesn't have lumbar supports. I was going to look in my junk yard to see if i could at least find something close to match the color. I mean even if i did find some grey color leather would that look worth a damn with a champagne color interior.

I think my package is just LS. I could be wrong because I don't have the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

Let me know your ideas guys.

I saw logikf1ve pictures on the lumina and i wouldn't mind doing the same on mine and enjoy the leather benefit

There were a lot of LTZ's that got the tanish leather interior. That's the most common color that I've seen as far as leather on the LTZ's. So you shouldn't really have too big of problem finding that, just finding an LTZ in a j/y is a bit tough at times.

awesome I am glad that my odds are a little better. I was thinking about one other thing while i was at it. The arm rests on the door themselves. I wanted to know is it just me but what is the deal with the padding trying to come off the plastic? I didn't know if other lumina drivers have the same issue where the cushions is like coming off and looks like shit. Do they just have to be re glued to the plastic part on the door?

awesome I am glad that my odds are a little better. I was thinking about one other thing while i was at it. The arm rests on the door themselves. I wanted to know is it just me but what is the deal with the padding trying to come off the plastic? I didn't know if other lumina drivers have the same issue where the cushions is like coming off and looks like shit. Do they just have to be re glued to the plastic part on the door?

Neither of my Luminas have that problem... :dunno:

Luminas came with gray and tan interiors in leather only. The cloth interiors came gray, tan, blue, and red.

Some of the LS Luminas came with a 60/40 front seat leather...and those are extremely hard to find. The LTZ's came with cloth or leather...and they only came with bucket seats and a console.

There is also a difference in upper door panels and how they change with interiors. Base Luminas got a different design that matched the seats, and LS's got a slightly different design. I am not sure if cars equipped with leather have different panels.

The lower panels, if the carpet starts to peel, get some spray adhesive and just spray it on. The one in my 90 started and I fixed it like that, it's been 2 years now and it's been fine.

*EDIT* Are you talking about the cushiony pads on the door panels, like where your arm would rest if it was on the door? If so, all of my cars have never had that problem, but I've seen a couple at work where it looks like the pad is stretched out... I don't know if there is a way to fix that?

Are you talking about the cushiony pads on the door panels, like where your arm would rest if it was on the door? If so, all of my cars have never had that problem, but I've seen a couple at work where it looks like the pad is stretched out... I don't know if there is a way to fix that?

yea man thats exactly it. I couldn't understand why its doing that. I just ignore it but i keep wondering about it.

Thanks for the info on the seats. When I head back to the salvage yard I will try to find me some tan leather seats, I dont care if they are the 60/40 kind I just wouldn't mind swapping out the cloth seats.

I've been looking for a gray 60/40 split leather front and rear seat for years for my car...and I can't find a damn thing around here. Good luck with your search...maybe you will have better luck.

I've been looking for a gray 60/40 split leather front and rear seat for years for my car...and I can't find a damn thing around here. Good luck with your search...maybe you will have better luck.

18114538_5X.JPG18114538_6X.JPG

Found at Midway Auto Parts in Kansas City, Mo.

Someone who goes to the curch that I used to go to has an awesome black Lumina ltz with leather bench, it has the rubber floor too. I <3 that car.

It's not the car...Rubber and leather just gets you excited.

Someone who goes to the curch that I used to go to has an awesome black Lumina ltz with leather bench, it has the rubber floor too. I <3 that car.

It's not the car...Rubber and leather just gets you excited.

LOL! Your right!

nice photos guys, now thats what im looking for. I hope my junk yard has something new like that. They have 4 luminas, 3 montes and i havent found any leather from the luminas

You guys are all lucky having the ability to find parts like that. I have nothing around here in western NY... but this state sucks in general...

And I guess I had forgotten LTZ's did come with the 60/40 bench...they just were few and far between like the Monte LS's with the same front seat.

actually, there is a 97 Lumina LS with grey leather seats in Rochester somewhere. When I was there 3-4 years ago, it was listed as an LTZ, but turned out to be an LS and it was the first one I saw with a leather bench.

And there are about 3-6 junkyards in and around rochester you could check out.

Bergen Auto Recyclers

Performance Auto Parts (Brockport)

Zerniak's Auto Recyclers (Brockport)

Action Auto Parts (Henrietta, not pick and pull)

Northside Auto Salvage

Victor Auto Parts (might have closed)

And I think there are a couple out webster, walworth areas.

I'll check and see if I can find any locally. (coincidentally, I'll be there next weekend to go skiing, but no time to junkyard hop, or I 'd offer to meet up)

I was unaware of an LS with a bench leather seat in a yard around here. I wish I could find it!

I've picked apart Zerniaks, Northside, and Performance. The others they claim they "don't have any Luminas" but I can't imagine they don't have any out there. Wilberts in Webster (where I live) is that way. They claim they have nothing, but a week ago they sent me to pick up a radio for work and I got to walk the yard with one of the guys and I saw at least three out back.

If you're coming here this weekend, jimmyfloyd, you will have lot's of snow. 6-10" over the next 48 hrs or so.

Logikfive tells me about M&M in Buffalo, so I will have to check them out as well.

actually, there is a 97 Lumina LS with grey leather seats in Rochester somewhere. When I was there 3-4 years ago, it was listed as an LTZ, but turned out to be an LS and it was the first one I saw with a leather bench.

And there are about 3-6 junkyards in and around rochester you could check out.

Bergen Auto Recyclers

Performance Auto Parts (Brockport)

Zerniak's Auto Recyclers (Brockport)

Action Auto Parts (Henrietta, not pick and pull)

Northside Auto Salvage

Victor Auto Parts (might have closed)

And I think there are a couple out webster, walworth areas.

I'll check and see if I can find any locally. (coincidentally, I'll be there next weekend to go skiing, but no time to junkyard hop, or I 'd offer to meet up)

are the 2 in brockport pick n' pull?

bergen always has a bunch and is my favorite. It's not organized, muddy, and large, but there is a lot of stuff, and prices aren't bad. used to go every weekend for fun.

And yes, there are two in brockport, about 2 miles apart (one on drake rd, and one on 104, west of Rt 19.

And I know about the snow. it'll be good cause I am coming in to go skiing, just hope it doesn't delay my flights.

This summer I'll probably be up there more and will let you know if I am going to the yards. And I'll keep an eye out here for leather front benches if people want.

Dont me to hijack.gif

But.........my 93 Z34 needs an interior redone. Im thinking LTZ seats this summer or Monte carlo seats. Will these work? Also will the center console from the newer monte/lumina work as well?