Sunroof R&R?

GP1138

Doing the sunroof tomorrow or Friday, I think. Anyone ever done a removal and re-install of a sunroof?

Also, I haven't gotten out to measure the hole; think a '94 Cutlass has the same sunroof as a '96 Cutlass? That's where the donor roof is coming from, my bleen Cutlass.

I have, and it wasn't overly difficult. The hardest part was maneuvering the sunroof assembly in and out of the car. IIRC, there were 8 nuts, the drain hoses, and the wiring that needed to come off in order to remove it. A helper would be beneficial for this. I replaced the sunroof in my cutlass with one from a Grand prix STE, and it cost me a whopping $27.

The car I purchased in MO has a broken sunroof. I am going to purchase a new assembly (or take my '94s sunroof and have Ziebart retrofit it in for $150 or so once tax returns come in) and put it in. I already sourced one for $60 from a local yard and once tax refunds come I will be installing it or having it installed.

according to the hollander interchange guide that the salvage yards use the sun roof is the same from 88-96. my 90 tgp sunroof is rusty, the frame that holds the glass, so i found a 93 gp on craigslist that was being parted out. i paid $30 and i removed it myself. in the spring i will switch the glass as the rest of my sunroof is in good shape, but the sunroof from the other car was frozen, i could'nt get the glass to move so i had to take the sunroof out instead of just the glass.

according to the hollander interchange guide that the salvage yards use the sun roof is the same from 88-96. my 90 tgp sunroof is rusty, the frame that holds the glass, so i found a 93 gp on craigslist that was being parted out. i paid $30 and i removed it myself. in the spring i will switch the glass as the rest of my sunroof is in good shape, but the sunroof from the other car was frozen, i could'nt get the glass to move so i had to take the sunroof out instead of just the glass.

I noticed that too, however the glass in the '96 is smaller than the '94 glass. But, if an install company can widen the hole without much issue, I'll just have them do that. That's usually how they replace them anyway, I've read.