Goodbye Lumina, Hello Monte Carlo

Samurai

I recently found a one-owner 1999 Monte Carlo LS at a dealership my brother works at. The car had 160,000 miles, but was in very nice condition for the year and miles. I talked to the sales manager and as they were sort of stuck with it, the agreed to fix the signal light switch, wheel bearing and filler neck and sell the car for $2000. So, the 98 Lumina is up for sale for $700 and I take delivery of a black 99 Monte Carlo LS on Thursday.

My one beef is that the windows need 'help' going back up... anyone have experience with this? Is it the regulators ($175 a pop) or is it something else (cheap:D)?

well... with it being so cold.... it might be from that and lack of use. if in doubt, you probably just need to pop the doorpanels off and lubricate lubricate lubricate...

p.s. good deal!

• 1 month later...

well, it's been two months with the 99 Monte Carlo and well, it's a car with 160,000 miles on it, so not all has been sweetness and light. When i bought the car, i told them that the signal light switch was shot. So they replaced the hazard light switch instead. I bitched and they changed the signal light switch as they were supposed to. I had to put a tie rod end in it and had it aligned yesterday. It was so far out of alignment that it wouldn't even register on the machine until the mechanic began to align it. No idea what that was about. Also, on what seemed like the coldest day of the winter up here, the drivers' side power wind switch failed with the window half down. It was a nipply ride home from work that night! Other than that, the car runs well, transmission behaves itself and i have no real bitches about the car. I need to have the cooling system flushed and can smell gas even though the tank is not leaking...

anyways, the Lumina was sold the next day after posting on here. It was sold to my neighbor for $500. So far, he has driven the living shit out of the car and loves it. I hated to give the car away like that, but where I live, there is a limit to how many cars you can have in your yard. Since I had a 2007 G6 and a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC in the yard as well as the Lumina and the Monte Carlo, well, something had to go.

I keep meaning to take pictures of the car, but have been too busy with work and getting my house ready for spring.

Anyways, 164,576 miles and still grinning.