I need help on something I don't know ANYTHING about...

fleetwoodguy79

I'm gonna replace the tires on my car since I'm gonna be running at much higher speeds than I ever was on my 3100. Whats the best performance tire to get that will last long and give me very good handling? I'm also doing lowering springs too, don't know if that makes a difference. And I may have 4 almost brand new Mastercraft tires for sale if anyone is intrested... thanks!

First off, how many km are on your Motomaster tires? Which model of Motomaster are they, and what size? I need 225/60R-16s on my '91 Regal GS. Finally, how much are you asking?

As far as performance tires go, I would recommend the Michelin Pilot series. Goodyear's Eagle series are over-rated unless you get the Eagle F1 which comes as standard equipment on the Z06 Corvette. Bridgestone Potenza also has some really good grip but be careful when the fucker is wet.

I'm gonna replace the tires on my car since I'm gonna be running at much higher speeds than I ever was on my 3100. Whats the best performance tire to get that will last long and give me very good handling? I'm also doing lowering springs too, don't know if that makes a difference. And I may have 4 almost brand new Mastercraft tires for sale if anyone is intrested... thanks!

Speed rating, tempreture, and traction are the three key components of a tire.

If this was a perfect world, everyone would have Z-rated rubber to take corners at 50+mph.

However, you do want to have you round of rubber last over 10K miles.

So, there's the trade-off:

Soft-compound - extremely sticky / great dry traction / expensive to non sports cars

Hard-compound - more tire life / all-season purpose / more squealing + chirping with corners + accel & deceleration.

I'd ask the tires experts at the shop and SPECIFICALLY tell them what you want and what's you budget.

I've had tires that I didn't know by name and absolutly loves after using a full set.

- Erik